lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2018, 02:46 PM   #11
bunyan
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed sensor

I mean with the alltrax software, if I bypass it that way? I have one on order, I would just like to use it in the meantime. The cart seemed to move quite well when I bypassed it, I was just scared to wreck it
bunyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2018, 03:20 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunyan View Post
I mean with the alltrax software, if I bypass it that way? I have one on order, I would just like to use it in the meantime. The cart seemed to move quite well when I bypassed it, I was just scared to wreck it
Since the make/model controller was not mentioned, I was under the impression you had a stock PDS controller.

You can run an Alltrax XCT-PDS controller without a speed sensor, but you lose some performance since the motor RPM is an integral part of the field mapping and regen braking.

It won't hurt anything to run without it, but don't try going downhill at full throttle or you might explode the motor. (Don't ask how I know - )
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:30 PM   #13
bunyan
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

installed new speed sensor. tried all the tricks from the installation manual to fix the speed issue. change from 8-4 poles , installed new speed sensor. Now....when i turn the key on, the green light flashes 4 x indicating a faulty ITS coil, I changed that out with a brand new one and it still gives me the 4 green blinks fault code, what gives???? this is getting rediculous
Old 07-30-2018, 07:41 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunyan View Post
installed new speed sensor. tried all the tricks from the installation manual to fix the speed issue. change from 8-4 poles , installed new speed sensor. Now....when i turn the key on, the green light flashes 4 x indicating a faulty ITS coil, I changed that out with a brand new one and it still gives me the 4 green blinks fault code, what gives???? this is getting rediculous
If the LED goes to steady green after the four green flashes, it means the controller is set for an ITS type throttle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT Blink Codes.jpg (276.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #15
bunyan
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

so ...i still have my original issue then. I installed a new speed sensor and the cart is like a tortoise..... how can I fix this. if I bypass it with the software it runs ok , but I think it would move way faster if this speed sensor issue was working properly. what else should I be checking ?
Old 07-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #16
bunyan
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

i guess I should also mention that I didnt change the magnet out. The only way that should go bad is from super heat or being hit really hard. Would that really make the controller think the sensor is bad and make the cart run slow?
Old 07-31-2018, 12:29 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Magnet disc might be slipping on armature shave. Did you check the tightness of the single screw that holds it on?
Old 07-31-2018, 01:59 PM   #18
bunyan
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I will put the new one in. It looked like it had loctite on it so I'll re apply that.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:37 PM   #19
bunyan
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So....... it helps when you plug the speed sensor into the right port.....retard. thanks for all the help Johnnie b. Maxed out at 19 mph.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:49 PM   #20
bunyan
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Put the new magnet in as well. Probably wasn't even bad. Lesson learned

Tags
ezgo/pds/sensor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO