lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2018, 05:47 AM   #1
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Series Cart No Go

A buddy of mine called me yesterday and said his cart all of a sudden won't run. It's a 36 volt ezgo series cart. I went over to check it out. The batteries are 2 years old and measure at 38.4 volts. Turn the key on, put if reverse, buzzer comes on, hit the gas and the solenoid clicks but no movement. I checked voltage on the solenoid and the F/R switch and have pack voltage. I checked all of the cables and all are clean and tight. Suggestions?
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2018, 01:00 PM   #2
bear2barry
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Series Cart No Go

just a thought but did you ck the reed in the charger unit that is attached to the body ? just found out that if they go out theres no click on solenoid. just bypass it .
bear2barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
ironcwb
Not Yet Wild

where is the reed for the charger located at on the body? I have the exact same thing he has...a no go issue...

Edit:

Are you referring to the actual charging port? I am new to all this and the lingo... if sop, How do you do the bypass loop thing?

Last edited by ironcwb; 07-27-2018 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: Verification
ironcwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The reed switch is inside the charge receptacle. If the solenoid is clicking as the OP stated then the reed switch is working and I suspect the F&R high amperage contacts are compromised.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #5
ironcwb
Not Yet Wild

So, I have no reason to bypass the reed switch if solenoid is clicking? But mine only clicks in reverse. I have a brand spanking new F/R thing in there... complete set up, just bolted in. So , I am guessing it is good since it is new. I am new to all this as well
ironcwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 03:16 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

In an Ezgo Series cart like this one the same micro switch on the F&R is triggered in both forward and reverse. This is true for the Marathon and the TXT models. In the TXT this is the switch on the drivers side. This switch sends power to the key switch which sends power to the pedal box switch which sends power to the solenoid coil and BOOM it clicks.

If this micro switch only clicks in one direction look closely at the switch trigger.
That's the little arm with the roller. It should be going into a detent in cam in both F&R position. Sometimes the arm is bent or the F&R is not installed correctly and the shift linkage prevents the cam from reaching it's full rotation.

To adjust the cam rotation, loosen the 2 floor mount bolts and slide the F&R east or west on the floor to allow proper linkage travel when shifting.

To avoid this problem when replacing an F&R in the TXT Always mark the F&R position on the floor before removing it. See my instruction attached. I hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.1 EZ F&R.jpg (121.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:41 AM   #7
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Scotty, if I have pack voltage on the F/R switch could it still be the issue?
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO