lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2018, 12:05 PM   #31
sicrx69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Faulty speed controller ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
I was referring to the corroded battery interconnect wires. BTW how old are your batteries. They may need replacing also.
Ya the batteries are a few years older but since they all seemed to charge up to over 6volts, I was hoping they were ok. I reluctantly exchanged the batteries from my other cart and although the top speed slow, the acceleration seemed correct.

I cleaned all connections and replaced OG batteries and just seems like no juice. I threw the batteries on the charger last night and let it charge. I checked the charge before i went to bed and it was almost 39 volts.(without charger on) After letting them sit for 8 hours or so, they are down to 36 volts. So it sounds like maybe the batteries are bad or at least one of two. Going to try and discharge them a bit then recharge and see what that does.

Thanks for all your help,
John
sicrx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2018, 12:12 PM   #32
sicrx69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I hooked up my new DVM today to the battery pack. (36.8 volts after sitting for 8 or so hours). I drove it around my drive way (slowwwwllly) while the DVM was hooked up and the battery pack seems to go down to 20 or so volts while under heavy load. As soon as I let off the throttle the Voltage goes back up to 36 volts each time. No expert by any means as you could probably tell but no one thing seems to point to the issue. Its always possible I have more then 1 issue, of course.

The batteries charge up to well over 38 volts, which according to net seem to indicate failing or failed batteries. Trying to discharge batteries to to recharge and test seems to be a chore doing circles in the drive. I do not want to get too far away and have to push or pull it back to garage :)

John
sicrx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:14 PM   #33
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

If they’re at 20 volts EVER they are shot...

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO