lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
hotwatermusic
Gone Wild

Default CPP's power kit package

bare with me i am still new at all of this... i have had my cart for about two weeks, money burning a hole in my pocket, and have caught this fever
POWER KIT PACKAGE FOR YAMAHA-any feed back on this or another that might be better would be much appreciated....
hotwatermusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #2
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Default Re: ccp's power kit package

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwatermusic View Post
bare with me i am still new at all of this... i have had my cart for about two weeks, money burning a hole in my pocket, and have caught this fever
POWER KIT PACKAGE FOR YAMAHA-any feed back on this or another that might be better would be much appreciated....
Go to PlowmansCarts.com and look around. I like CPP but honestly I think the Plowmans stuff is better. I have the G16 exhaust with the separate muffler and it rocks. It gives the cart a deep almost Harley Davidson kind of sound.
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
castlecart
Gone Wild

I've got the power kit from Plowman's on my G2 and I'm very happy with it. http://www.plowmanscarts.com/hp_clutch-kits.html

A major improvement in low end torque and pulling power. I routinely pull my Troy-bilt log-splitter on my rather hilly property with no problems. I've also heard many good things about the CPP kit, but have no experience with it.
castlecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlecart View Post
I've got the power kit from Plowman's on my G2 and I'm very happy with it. http://www.plowmanscarts.com/hp_clutch-kits.html

A major improvement in low end torque and pulling power. I routinely pull my Troy-bilt log-splitter on my rather hilly property with no problems. I've also heard many good things about the CPP kit, but have no experience with it.
Yeah those clutches will pull thats for sure. We got our 69 Ford tractor stuck in a ditch one time and my cart pulled it out. Well, it spun the tires for about alittle bit but it did "help" to get it out...
Old 12-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
hotwatermusic
Gone Wild

i will check it out.. thanks guys.. castle how hard was the install?
Old 12-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwatermusic View Post
i will check it out.. thanks guys.. castle how hard was the install?
Not trying to speak for him but I would recommend two people to put it on. They can be alittle bit tricky....
Old 12-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
hotwatermusic
Gone Wild

thanks Y4L..
Old 12-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #8
castlecart
Gone Wild

Well...I won't say it was a piece of cake, but it wasn't too bad. I followed Spriddle's instructions, which helped alot.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...tructions.html

Step 4 was the most difficult part, and I used a clutch puller for step 5 (ironically I bought the puller from CPP http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-...ch-puller.html when I was buying some other stuff )
castlecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #9
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Here is the link to Cart Parts Plus's unit:

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-...-g-2-g-21.html

Y4l, if you have no experience with the CPP unit, how can you say Plowman's is better? It's not better just because you have it.

I would honestly recommend Tom and the whole CPP gang by 50 out of 5 stars. A+ + + + + service, product quality, service-after-the-sale... and he actually stands behind his stuff.

I never bought from Plowman's because Don was another word that starts with a D. I give him -2 out of 5 stars.

I would buy from Buggies Unlimited before Plowman's, and we all know how much that is saying. X 10

Plowman's doesn't even give you a puller for the driven clutch sheave.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #10
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! View Post

Y4l, if you have no experience with the CPP unit, how can you say Plowman's is better? It's not better just because you have it.
Well most everyone on here has tried Plowmans and said it rocked and no one has said the CPP one rocked. Im going off of everyone on the site.

Plowmans does more than just what buying a jet and a filter will do. He mods the carbs and drills holes in the airbox.

Im not trying to put down CPP there amazing with everything eles. Plowmans only thing is Yamaha where CPP does all three companies.Most everything Ive ever gotten from a place that specializes in that on specific thing does better than getting it from someone who does more than just that one item.

You know I feel blessed to be on a forum that allows to debate among different companies! Thanks NONO for enriching my experience!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha