lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 95 club car wont accelerate sometimes

My dad has a 95 club car that always starts but sometimes it will only idle. It will accelerate other times and run fine. Do you think it is actually running or is it just the starter turning it over, I have not checked it out this is what he told me. If not what else would cause this?
revoarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 club car wont accelerate sometimes

I know it sounds like a stupid response, but this is the only explanation I can think of. Kane choking the engine when it won't accelerate?
Mishael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

He says he tried choking it and it doesnt change anything.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

How does the spark plug look? And are there any specific conditions when it does not want to accelerate? Or is it random? Also, how long will it not accelerate for if you hold the pedal all the way down? Indefinitely or will it eventually go?
Old 06-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
snopro1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Out of the bottom of the fuel pump is the pulse line to the crankcase. Sounds like it may be blocked or partially so. Take it off and blow it out. This has become an ittermittent problem with carts. If it happens again change the oil and use synthetic as I've heard that should solve the issue.
snopro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
LuauLounge
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 2005 Villager, the accelerator cable was routed next to an exhaust bracket. When the cart was hot, it ran fine, let it sit, start it and nothing above idle. Wiggle governer and it would then start working correctly, until the next time.
What would happen is that the outer jacket from the cable melted into the inner wire cable.
Rerouted the cable and all was fine.
LuauLounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for all the replys guys. I finally got a chance to get down there and check it out and it was not idling or running at all when this happened. There is no spark when this happens so now I have to figure out why.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

Check your kill circuit. The one wire that goes into your igniter coil should ground when the gas pedal is not depressed, and is supposed to not have a current or ground when the pedal is depressed. If you have a blackbox, I believe the bottom switch in the limit switch stack has to do with a kill device
Old 06-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks checked it out last night. I started at the kill switch in the black box. It was grounded on both sides so I went down the line looking for a grounded wire. I finally took the ground wire off of the rev limiter and I had spark regrounded it and no spark. The rev limiter is bad. I ordered one from cpp even though I dont think my parents need it because the only time that cart goes full speed is if one of them has to go to the bathroom really bad and they need to get home fast ha ha. Thanks again for the replies my parents are in their 70's and my mom has one leg amputated and doesnt get out much and loves to go for cart rides so I am glad it is running again.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #10
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

I keep a spring clamp on my gas pedal so I dont even have to think about my limiter. Just make sure you have a properly functioning circuit because if you don't, your engine might idle which is bad only because of a safety stand point
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car