lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
TROPHYMAN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Lift done on my G2

Well, I've completed the lift on my cart. The install went without much fanfare, supprising considering the terrible directions supplied with the kit. The wheels and tires got here today, bolted them on and snaped a few pics.

Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lift-done .jpg (76.2 KB, 66 views)
TROPHYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Lift done on my G2

Lookin good!! I like the chopped top too.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Lookin good!! I like the chopped top too.
Me too! I like the "Boylan" head lite buckets with the side markers also. Keep up the graet work and more pic's as you create! Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
TROPHYMAN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks guys. Not sure where to go next. I really need to work on getting some more pep in this thing. I've already by passed the gov and that worked great! Now, with the bigger wheels and tires there is a loss of top end. Really, overall I don't like the way it runs particularly when cold. It's just too jerky.

This is not good. The more I drive it like that the better a big block is looking! I keep looking around to try to find an engine that I can experiment with. Not much luck finding a banged up snow sled here in sunny FL but I might find a mower or personal water craft with a 25 or 30 HP engine that I can pick up.

I have pretty good fab skills, and in a former life I was a heavy equipment mechanic. I've also done things like shoehorned a Chevy 427 into a 1951 Henry J so it's kinda in my blood.

Anyway, love reading all the posts here on BGW. There are really some creative people here.

Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front no roof.jpg (47.8 KB, 37 views)
Old 08-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Put in a Jakes power kit, ive ordered a bunch for people, and they seem to love them., but i have yet not personaly tried one to see how much improvement they actualy give. But im sure they give you the most bang for your buck untill you decide for a big block.
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:29 AM   #6
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

That looks GREAT ! I have a G2 as well and it looks like the same kit I ordered. I haven't opened the instructions yet so, your description sounds like it may be a p.i.t.a....Lol

Question for you; Did you install the headlight kit and, if so, how much trouble did you have using the templates?

Thanks,
Kev
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
TROPHYMAN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hi Kev.
I did not install the headlights. Headlights and tail lights were in it when I got it.

With some mechanical skill the lift kit isn't all that difficult to install even with poor installation directions. My instructions asked me to move some things and drill holes in items that wern't on my buggy. They may have one set of instructions for everything the kit fits but they should provide detailed instructions for EACH year and model. Somebody without mechanical skills might have a tough time of it.

If you need any advice just let me know/

Pat
Old 08-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm waiting on some parts right now and, I have to strip out the entire frame so I can have the thing media blasted. I'm either going to have the frame powder coated or, going to use the Por-15 to refinish the thing.

When I get to the lift I will give you a hollar if I run into any problems.

Oh, just about forgot, Were your shocks in pretty good shape? I'm contemplating replacing mine and going with something a little heavier.

Kev
Old 08-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #9
TROPHYMAN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hey Kev,
Yea, I think it would take a lot to render the shocks on these things useless. There just isn't enough weight and they are not subjected to terrain conditions that would wear them out. They tend to rust away long before they wear out. They are plenty strong enough to handle your needs unless you plan on caring something more than an occasional passenger.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #10
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Well, four big guys (220 plus each plus, towing a race car to the staging lanes and then from the end of the track.

I bucked up for the big block conversion, header, good clutch, rev kit, etc,, I found a V-Twin 16 HP motor here locally on craigs list and got a really good deal. I got a Jakes spring kit for the rear drive to help keep the torque up from one of the members here (Thanks Calicojack) and, going to take the head off and do some porting and matching of the intake and exhaust ports as well.

My concern is with the weight, I'm going to need something that can take the extra lbs. I've kinda been looking at shocks on ebay but, I can't seem to find anything in the length I need....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha