lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2021, 06:44 PM   #1
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Summit II Question

Okay, to make sure I understand this correctly...the picture below is the wiring area for the Summit...

If I run a red and black wire directly to the batteries, all I do is plug the other side into a wall outlet, correct?

Trying to find room for the charger heh.

Oh, and do I need more than that, i.e. the blue wire?

Thanks guys

Russ
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0D9E9911-CD04-4103-9412-20BE727371AD.jpeg (327.5 KB, 0 views)
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2021, 07:28 PM   #2
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Summit II Question

I have come to the conclusion that EZGO never meant to have these souped-up the way we do them.. lol....

I simply cannot locate any more room in the battery well / 'engine area'(?) to mount the freaking charger.....

The only option, and I tried it, was the body part that went over the rear axle...but, just about 3/4" too little space before that curves down.

So, either I mount it in the bagwell, under the back seat... or it becomes "portable"...and.. I hate to do it.. heh.. but, I think I would rather it be in the bagwelll.

Gggrrr....

"Just a little more space, baby! lol

I COULD mount it on the inside of the rear body panel between the speakers...eh.. it would fit there.

Ideas?

Okay... this is where it fits....but I'd raise it up to the top of the black section, mount it center. It will not fit between the speakers, sticks out too close to the batteries.

R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4550.jpg (132.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-03-2021, 11:57 AM   #3
JB in PA
Not Yet Wild

I was actually just finding room to my a summit yesterday but I’ve got and old 84 marathon with a motor perpendicular to the rear end so I was able to squeeze it under that panel above the rear end that you were thinking of. I barely fit it with some brackets holding it just under the cross brace behind the seat and in front of the bag well, my guess is a modern rear end with parallel motor won’t fit it there. My cart is totally torn apart and that’s the only place I could fit it, in the rear at least, I didn’t look up front
JB in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:46 PM   #4
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, I might have made it fit there, but it had to go about .5-1" further back, and that would have had it "in the bend", to avoid the seat support, and that would have been awkward. So, mounting it in the bag well. heh

R
Old 04-10-2021, 10:31 AM   #5
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I mounted my charger on left rear fender below passenger side seat.

For the 120 volt male plug end of charger, I bought a outdoor flanged outlet with a rubber
Snap on cap making it water tight. Basically looks like a 12” extension cord. They come in longer lengths.
Then mounted it below the front seat where the blank was for a lever style shifter would go.
120 volt charger plug plugs into female end of weather proof extension cord.
Too charge batteries just unsnap rubber cover and plug your extension cord into socket between seats to charge.
Easy to remember carts charging since cord is visible between seats

Just another option to consider 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:16 AM   #6
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice. I purchased the summit cables and it looks like the bagwell will work great. Hope to get it all buttoned up soon, but working on the boat atm.. installing a new A/C in the cabin.. well, "an a/c".. not new heh

R
Old 04-10-2021, 01:48 PM   #7
smounic
Not Yet Wild

This is how I mounted mine in a 36v (now 48v) ezgo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63917207817__BB0FC570-70B6-4CC1-8189-3B6C37FC3D90.jpg (139.9 KB, 0 views)
smounic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO