lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Painting the front cowl on a Marathon

Hey guys,
I've finished painting the body & roof on my Marathon. I painted the roof & safari rack with Herculiner truck bed liner. Now the front cowl looks like hell. It's all in one piece, with a couple of small cracks in the corners. But it's a dingy dark grey color. I'm thinking of painting it black with the same Herculiner truck bed liner. This would make it a solid textured black, pliable & tough. Plus I could easily touch it up when/if we ever dinged it up boonyin around in the woods.

Any suggestions on how to make it work? Should I use Adhesion promoter? Just clean it good with thinner?

TIA!
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
Glacier Girl
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Painting the front cowl on a Marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
Hey guys,
I've finished painting the body & roof on my Marathon. I painted the roof & safari rack with Herculiner truck bed liner. Now the front cowl looks like hell. It's all in one piece, with a couple of small cracks in the corners. But it's a dingy dark grey color. I'm thinking of painting it black with the same Herculiner truck bed liner. This would make it a solid textured black, pliable & tough. Plus I could easily touch it up when/if we ever dinged it up boonyin around in the woods.

Any suggestions on how to make it work? Should I use Adhesion promoter? Just clean it good with thinner?

TIA!
Ummm, from Herc's site. "HERCULINER is the only polyurethane and rubber granule coating that is applied to the bed surface using the rollers and brush included with the kit. When cured, HERCULINER provides a durable skid-resistant protective coating. Because it can bond to virtually any surface or material, HERCULINER can be applied to wood, metal, concrete, aluminum, asphalt, rubber, fiberglass, and most plastics, including PVC."

Also from their site, thinner or anything with alcohol is a big NO NO to clean surfaces as it may cause the liner material to not cure.
Xylene, acetone, or MEK are the only recommended cleaners, and use a strong detergent wash.
Glacier Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

I used the fusion paint (satin black) on mine last winter and it still looks great. Also there is product ( I believe it is called Bumper Black -comes in a rattle can) that is more of a reguvinator and will bring that dingy grey cowl back to a nice black finish.
Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck View Post
I used the fusion paint (satin black) on mine last winter and it still looks great. Also there is product ( I believe it is called Bumper Black -comes in a rattle can) that is more of a reguvinator and will bring that dingy grey cowl back to a nice black finish.
I painted mine with the same thing, I painted the whole cart with rattle cans worked great, a little tougher than a spray gun but it can be done just keep it wet with out running -

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:46 AM   #5
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ha! Thanks for doing my homework for me! I should have thought to look for that on Herculiner's website. I picked up some Acetone tonite & will get it painted tomorrow.
Thanks again!
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO