lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
Ryank02cc
Not Yet Wild

Default Clays Car New owner Questions

I just bought a 2003 Clays car, low hours 120 on original meter that works, cart is immacculate, I have a few questions I am hoping to get answered.
was 3000 a good deal if this is in great shape? The body, and frame and engine look perfect very little rust anywhere, and very little use, has oe tires on it.
The engine if you accelerate slower is fine but if you stomp the gas pedal from a stop it will take off hard then surge once then take off again . Feels like it is in the transmission not the engine, any ideas?

What can soften the ride this thing has some stiff suspension, and no it is not lifted just high from the factory.

Thanks,
Ryank02cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Clays Car New owner Questions

$3K is a good price as what you have described. As for the performance issues, I would wonder (as with ALL used carts) if it has ever been properly serviced and had a valve adjustment. Your lunging issue may be from a bad drive clutch. There was a recall on some models, but I was thinking it was in 2004? Never the less, it's too late to take advantage of a recall now. Lets start with a proper service. You may need to take a close look at the drive belt. It may need to be replaced, too.

The govenor linkages could also be out of adjustment - it's had 7 years of opportunity for a teenager to "adjust" to get more speed...

Check your tire air pressure. A factory 4 passenger cart will ride a little stiff, as it is desogned to haul 4 adults off road...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
Ryank02cc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Clays Car New owner Questions

Thanks, the oil, (still going to change it) plugs& filters are all very clean, the governor adj looks normal and it runs at factory speed. Drive belt looks good though perhaps loose? Is there a way to check both drive belt tension and drive clutch for issues?
Ryank02cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO