lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
seacrets
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas in the oil

Checked out a friend's TXT with a 295 4 stroke and found strong gas smell in the oil. The level was well above the full mark. He mentioned it was smoking alot. I plan on changing the oil, cleaning the oil and air filters, new plugs and am open to any suggestions that might be causing this problem. It's a 94 and I doubt if it's ever had a tune up. It's used as a motel cart with very low hours.
seacrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Default Re: Gas in the oil

Either the carb is over flowing or the fuel pump is bad
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've seen something like this happen to a couple different carts in the past. Everything was fine with the carts, but they were being used for short trips and not allowing the motors to heat up. This was, in turn, because of the crankcase breather putting fuel rich air back into the motor. Over time, it made the "oil" level increase and then shot oil up into the carb thru the breather tube.

Our repair in both instances were to plug the airbox crank vent hole, and to run a longer hose from the engine crank breather outlet, then into a fuel filter (used only to keep dirt and junk out of the motor).

I hope this doesn't confuse

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
seacrets
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. Good info.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
sms-shop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well if that don't work look at it on the bright side you wont have to worry about mosquitos...
sms-shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
seacrets
Not Yet Wild

How about sand gnats?
Old 01-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #7
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Hello Mikesmotortoys.

See the pics in my album for our solution.
The original ventilation is totally plugged up with a new one on the enginecover.
We did it this way because of the higher revs and the risk of pumping out the oil becouse off the lower place off the ventilation.
The watercooled and latest aircooledengines had the system as showed on my engine.
The older aircooled ones had a modified original system, but on higher revs they blew the oil out.

Maybe our system is a idea for your golfcarts?

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO