lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2018, 04:28 PM   #1
454spyder
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car XRT 1550 Slips out of forward gear

Started slipping out of forward gear (even when sitting still). Reverse works great. Put it back in forward and it may go, may not. I checked the linkage and it seems to be operating well and moves the transmission lever.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Todd
2014 XRT1550 4x4, 2000 hrs
454spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car XRT 1550 Slips out of forward gear

Take the shifter linkage off the rear ended and shift it manually into forward gear to see if it’s the shifter linkage or the tranny. If it works manually, measure the distance the shifter isn’t going and re adjust it
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:18 AM   #3
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I had a similar problem, kept adjusting it, and kept adjusting it, one of our other members suggested, that I take a look at the transmission lever, were your shift cable hooks up to, my shift lever had warn a groove where the Woodriff key sits, allowing the lever to turn, which was no good. I was actually able to see the lever moving, while trying to adjust it. Check the lever.
Also on adjustment, take your front shift lever and put it in neutral, the front shifter should be pointing straight up, remove the shift cable at, the transaxle, and manually shift the lever to neutral, a couple of times you'll feel it click when you hit it. Now ajust the cable to the shifter.
move The Adjustment nuts on the rear Cable forward or backward to get to the desired location.....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:49 AM   #4
Money2188
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just checking in to see if the proper adjustment worked to get your club car to stop slipping out of gear?

Thankyou
Money2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:44 PM   #5
philschilffarth
Not Yet Wild

Mind did that. The shifter cable needed to be tightened as it stretches over time. I was going to put a new cable on it but they are $$.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
philschilffarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:23 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

While the cables are expensive, it’s cheaper than a new rear end. I had a cart that the cable was out of adjustment. Ans left out of adjustment. This caused the shift fork to wear because it was not completely engaged like it should be. Once the adjustment was correct it still would slip out of gear under a heavy load (muddy street, big hill, hard acceleration).

The shift fork is discontinued. I bought a whole new rear axle because I could not locate one. A few months later I was able to source a used one and repair the rear end. But these parts aren’t easy to find.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1550, transmission, xrt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car