lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2018, 09:32 AM   #1
da40flyer
Not Yet Wild

Question Universal Solid State Conversion

Hello,

I am looking for a universal solid state conversion kit for my vintage cart.
I have a 36v series wound motor.

Upon researching, I found the cartsunlimited.net website, which appears to have what I need.

I sent them an email last week and again yesterday with no reply (no phone number listed). Any suggestions on contacting them? If not, any suggestions on where to get a similar kit?

Thanks for the help....
da40flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
thatrain31
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Universal Solid State Conversion

The best option is to email ScottyB at CartsUnlimited and he will get you setup. I suggest the C54 kit from CartsUnlimited. I have it on an 86 club car 36v and it's great.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
thatrain31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:35 AM   #3
da40flyer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. That is who I emailed both times, without any response back.

Since my cart only has a 1.5 HP motor, I was actually considering the C44U kit with the SW182 reversing kit.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:54 AM   #4
thatrain31
Not Yet Wild

If you ever plan on going 48 volt in the future (which will increase speed around 33%), go with the F&R switch. It works both voltage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
thatrain31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #5
da40flyer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks.
I just ordered everything from EV Drives. Carl/Galen were very helpful!
Old 05-25-2020, 08:03 PM   #6
chuckklr04
Getting Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by da40flyer View Post
Thanks.
I bet their technical writing is better too. The other source is awful. connect red and yellow wire, and lead it controller. there is no yellow wire.
chuckklr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:11 PM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckklr04 View Post
I bet their technical writing is better too. The other source is awful. connect red and yellow wire, and lead it controller. there is no yellow wire.

Scotty's products and service are top notch. It's impossible for him to draw a detailed wiring diagram for every single cart out there, dating back years and for carts that have had wires swapped from when they were new.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:56 PM   #8
chuckklr04
Getting Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post

Scotty's products and service are top notch. It's impossible for him to draw a detailed wiring diagram for every single cart out there, dating back years and for carts that have had wires swapped from when they were new.
this was for the new pedal. the yellow wire is there, connected to red leading out. but you cant see it. Its wrapped in black . Only the red shows. Also off references regarding color connections to the solenoid. You really have to study it to get it right. Because its not mentioned in his directions.

very confusing when the yellow wire on the pedal is referenced 2-3 times.

I understand that. many carts are out there. But a simple reference to ONLY following a particular diagram instead of the two likely in my case would be nice. taylor dunn generic (alltrax) or his reversing contactor diagram. After spending 1200 you kinda expect him to fixed/updated things before sending it out.

Not saying his products and service are not "top notch". Just saying I had a awful time looking for yellow wire , which if written correctly. Could have been avoided, and saved me hours of sweat.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:57 AM   #9
chuckklr04
Getting Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckklr04 View Post
this was for the new pedal. the yellow wire is there, connected to red leading out. but you cant see it. Its wrapped in black . Only the red shows. Also off references regarding color connections to the solenoid. You really have to study it to get it right. Because its not mentioned in his directions.

very confusing when the yellow wire on the pedal is referenced 2-3 times.

I understand that. many carts are out there. But a simple reference to ONLY following a particular diagram instead of the two likely in my case would be nice. taylor dunn generic (alltrax) or his reversing contactor diagram. After spending 1200 you kinda expect him to fixed/updated things before sending it out.

Not saying his products and service are not "top notch". Just saying I had a awful time looking for yellow wire , which if written correctly. Could have been avoided, and saved me hours of sweat.
Also missing 1 diode in my kit, and having the bags/parts marked would help too for the mechanics who have only worked on resister carts, and have never seen a modern example. So a few pics or vid of the finished assemble would be great, and actually give him less work, more sales. Less customers bugging for tech help.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:59 AM   #10
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Universal Solid State Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by da40flyer View Post
Thanks.
That's who I ordered from for my 04 IQ cart upgrade. Carl was very nice and knew his stuff. His prices where better to.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts