lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2019, 12:30 AM   #1
SmokinLoon
Not Yet Wild

Default Replaceing Front Spring on 02 GS Gas

The current spring appears to be the only suspension part that the previous owner didn't replace (that needed to be replaced) in the front end after the unit was involved in a front end smash. The right front tire is towed under due to a bent lower spring.

I have a line locally on a used spring with bushings for $35.

Youtube vids show the ENTIRE front end being stripped down to remove the old and install the new spring. IS that really needed? It appears I can lift the front end behind those front end components, remove those 4 bolts holding the plate on, and then remove the single bolt holding the spring centered on the frame.

What says the gurus in here? :)
SmokinLoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2019, 05:47 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Replaceing Front Spring on 02 GS Gas

I've replaced front spring without even taking the tires off, but it IS easier to maneuver the rest of the suspension without the weight of the wheels an tires. Jack it up, jack stands under the frame. remove the bolts at the spring eyes. Remove the 4 bolts at the center plate, remove the spring. That centering bolt doesn't actually bolt into the frame - just an eccentric cam to help position the spring centered side to side. You'll see what I mean when you get it apart.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:41 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Replaceing Front Spring on 02 GS Gas

The center bolt is just the camber adjustment bolt. It’s not attached to anything on the cart.
Like meimk said, Front end on jack stands, remove the tires, spring eye bolts and the 4 in the center.

Depending on how clean the cart is, if there is any rust on the bolts that hold the shock tower to the frame, you may want to remove and replace those while you have the spring off. I’ve had a few of those break due to rust/fatigue. I also typically replace the four bolts that hold the spring on because they’re almost always rusted to the point that the threads are gone.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car