lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
jenoin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV controller options

Hi all,

Have been wanting a golf cart for quite some time, and recently was able to get a non-running RXV for pretty cheap. I thought it was a great deal and would be a good platform for upgrades. It is a 2008 with a danaher controller. I am struggling at the moment to troubleshoot the electrical system, which is more difficult due to not having access to a programmer/diagnostic handset.

It came with no batteries or charger and I had several leaf modules from an unrelated solar project available, so I am using a 58.8V lithium battery to troubleshoot.

I left the charging leads off the battery and have the blue lead connected to an appropriate point on the pack to give ~28V.

I am following the RXV danaher codes troubleshooting guide that I found here on the site. Thanks to ez_rider for that.

At the moment, the symptoms are:
- when key switch is turned from off to R/N/F it energizes the solenoid momentarily and then immediately de-energizes the solenoid.
- the reverse buzzer works correctly, sounds continuously when in reverse and doesn't sound in neutral or forward.
- no beep or chirp is heard when switching quickly from off to forward, though the solenoid does still cycle.(which indicates there isn't a controller self test failure?)
- I guess there is supposed to be a lighted SOC gauge near the key switch? I have not seen this light at all. Should this light up immediately? Perhaps there is an issue with it? I haven't pulled the dash apart yet.
- Based on the troubleshooting guide, I am checking the 5V circuits. I haven't finished all the steps, but I also haven't found any problems
- Tow mode does not work at all to disengage the motor brake. Is this expected given a problem with the 5V circuits? It seems like EZGO should have designed tow mode to still work with as many other things broken as possible. Isn't that the point of tow mode?
I have an original motor brake with the pull handle on it. The pull handle works, and the coil resistance is ~26 ohms. I have verified the motor brake circuit is good.

There are a lot of smart people here with a ton of good threads about the RXV. It seems like have a few options:

1) Keep troubleshooting without a diagnostic tool
2) Buy a danaher hand held diagnostic tool to assist
3) Convert to a 235A Curtis controller and acquire a curtis diagnostic tool
4) Convert to a 350A Curtis controller and acquire a curtis diagnostic tool
5) Convert to a Navitas controller

Which of these options do you think would be best for me to pursue?

Would also love to hear any recommendations for manual troubleshooting or comments on the symptoms I have listed.

Thanks for reading, sorry for the long post.
jenoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
curtis, danaher, diagnostic, lithium, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO