lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2019, 05:40 PM   #1
Duhrew
Not Yet Wild

Default Programming a Curtis 1236-6401 - Assistance needed

So to make a long story short, Mr. Boyce says the controller on my current cart (Curtis 1236-6406), is trash. It is the one controller Mr. Boyce does not have a base file for and the fellow who worked on the cart prior cannot be found. Mr. Boyce did what he could to salvage it and to be able to run safely during the interim. It runs fine and doesn't over heat but knowing that it's "corrupted" in a way makes me uneasy, so, I bit the bullet and purchased a new 1236-6401, a curtis pc programmer along with another cable that allows me to program without it being in the cart. I have a power supply to be able to power the controller up.

Despite having everything needed to setup and program the controller I have zero experience aside from watching Mr. Bob go through his routine in person and reading A LOT of discussions on this site.

It has ended up being a rather costly ordeal but I want to make sure it is done correctly. The cart runs fine as is but I do not like knowing that the controller is "corrupt." I would like to be able to utilize the current turtle and rabbit switch (which came on the cart from the factory) then tune accordingly.

The last thing I want to do is mess this brand new controller up. I have installed the software, hooked up the controller to the power supply and that is it. The status lights flash intermittently so I would imagine it is getting power but I have not plugged it into the computer or opened the programming station software.

Is there any chance someone could help me remotely with programming it? I would gladly pay for any service rendered via paypal, venmo, etc... if that would interest anyone. I hate to bother Mr. Boyce because last I read he was pretty sick and he has helped enough already. I can always wait on him to come back through the area, if he ever does.. just thought this might be an easier option for hopefully someone else to help out. Worst case I do some more digging, figure out how to save a base file, look at the settings from the old controller and configure the new one consistently. If this is too much to ask for, please let me know.. but I have no intentions of wasting anyone's time.

Thanks in advance,
Drew
Duhrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2019, 06:40 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Programming a Curtis 1236-6401 - Assistance needed

Hey there Drew

It is very easy to mess up the new controller and render it useless, so I suggest that you not try. Oh, and it needs to be done in the cart, not on a bench. It requires other hardware in the cart be connected during reprogramming. Having the program, and the cable, is not all that is needed. It can get you in there where you can mess it up, but you'll not be able to get to the top level menus with what you have, nor the experience to know what needs to be changed. I know that you're anxious to get going. Did you get the rear end gears put back to stock, or are you wanting the new controller remapped to work with those gears? I can probably arrange to make a one day trip to your place to do what is required, then return home. I'm just not well enough yet to be able to spend days on a road trip. The new antibiotics my doc prescribed last week do not seem to be helping. The harm they do to my gut flora seems to be worst than the pneumonia itself. I can't stray too far from places with public restrooms.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:33 AM   #3
Duhrew
Not Yet Wild

PM sent! Thanks Mr. Boyce!
Duhrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:56 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Drew I sent you a pm also.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO