lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
setec
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 Polaris Breeze Lights, horn, turn signals not working

I have a 2010 Polaris Breeze. My son decided to drive it through a large water puddle. At first, nothing worked, so I took the batteries out. Dried everything out, and put them back in. Now the cart drives, but intermittently (and most often), the lights, horn, and signals do not work. From time to time, they will work and stay working even if I turn it off, but then the next day, they don't work again.

I downloaded the wiring diagram already, so I will check that out. I have also checked the fuses and they are fine.

I assume I can take the light switch out and see if I am getting 12v on the feed line?

My initial thoughts are the 48v to 12v converter is corroded, but I am not sure where it is located.

Any other thoughts?
setec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 Polaris Breeze Lights, horn, turn signals not working

DC converter is in passenger front wheel well, and is well known for crapping out and doing exactly what you are seeing. I replace them with DPI dc converters.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:51 PM   #3
setec
Not Yet Wild

any particular one you recommend replacing it with? I looked for the Polaris part number and cant seem to find it being sold anywhere. and thank you for telling me the location. I looked everywhere for that dang thing.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:57 PM   #4
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Here is a similar reducer I used https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-36V-7...0AAOSwwEddwn1y , but there is no need to use one that was similar to the factory reducer. If I was keeping the cart, I would have used a better quality reducer.
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:31 AM   #5
setec
Not Yet Wild

Okay, maybe a silly question, but I want to make 100% sure so I don't fry something else.

I can't find the amperage anywhere on the original. I see DC converters in 10A, 15A, 20A, and 30A.

Also, pretty much every one has 4 wires. 1 48v in, 1 12v out, and a ground for each. The breeze has a plug with 3 wires. I assume I find the 48v and the 12v lines and connect as appropriate, but do I take the 2 ground lines on the new converter and tie them together and connect them both to the ground line on the breeze?

And while I am messing with things. Is there anywhere that can give me ideas on how to make this thing go faster?

May be seriously time to sell this one and get an ezgo or club...

Thank you again for the assistance.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:35 AM   #6
setec
Not Yet Wild

Well, thank you for the help.

I ended up getting this one from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Chaser-re...1352408&sr=8-2

Almost the same size, same wires and claimed to be "water resistant".

Install was easy and now the lights work great!

Hopefully this helps someone else in the future.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:41 AM   #7
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by setec View Post
Is there anywhere that can give me ideas on how to make this thing go faster?
There is always something that can be done, just not much with the stock Sevcon controller. The simplest is to install larger tires and fully inflate them. You can fit up to 20.5" tires, but they will rub just a little around tighter corners at spped.

You can replace the controller with an Alltrax and an aftermarket motor. You can install the Navitas DC to AC kit. Each of these will require the wire harness to be rewired. You will either need to remove the harness and unloom it to properly trace the wires, or obtain the wiring diagram.
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:48 PM   #8
philip4772
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I also have a Breeze and had the same problem with lights,horn, and directional. I purchased the same 12V reducer. But after aprox 2 mins the reducer box is very hot. does this happen to you ?
philip4772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:50 PM   #9
Logawood7
Not Yet Wild

Mine is doing the same thing! Does anyone know what the name of the yellow wire is with the green, tiny fuse box? I need a new one. Also I have 8 volt batteries and need to know what kind of converter should I use thanks.
Logawood7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts