lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2021, 07:41 AM   #1
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 295 mci no power

Just got this cart going. 180 psi in both cylinders, new plugs, new air filter, new shorter belt, new timing belt, new fuel pump and carb, clutch taken apart and everything moves freely. it runs smooth wot and idling but it just has no power and i dont think its reving as high as it should. ill floor it and it will barely accelerate.even in neutral it slowly revs. Driving with the seat off, at wot the carb is wide open and the belt looks like its sitting where it should be in the clutches, and the carts going about 15. The govonor adjustment is as tight as it can go. I was going to check spark and for a clogged muffler. what else could i check? Its a 2007 ish workhorse with the bigger tires
optikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2021, 07:56 AM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: 295 mci no power

Id check the valves. Sounds like the clearance may be off a little. Just a suggestion.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 08:08 AM   #3
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Is it a new OEM carb or one off ebay or amazon? If one of those 20 /30 buck carbs, you ought to clean up the original OEM carb and try that before anything else. Compression seems good, so i would not suspect valves just yet. If as you say, its a new timing belt, it is possible you have the timing one tooth out, It may run, but not very well. I am going to assume at 2007 it is most likely to be an MCI engine, but if retro fitted with the older Pre MCI engine, do you have the correct igniter and coil to match the engine as they are completely different.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:14 AM   #4
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It's a mci. The 295 replaced a seized 350 mci. It had no power before and after the timing belt, I just wanted to change it while I had the clutch off. It's probably one of the China carbs, that's what it came with. The 350 has a old looking carb that's probably oem that I could try
Old 08-23-2021, 09:52 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Just be aware that the 350 carb may be jetted a bit different to the oem 295 carb. But I think the mci jet may be OK. I am sure it uses a smaller jet than the pre mci 350. Also. As I asked. If you changed to a pre mci did you also change out the ignition components. They are completely different and will affect the running of the engine. I am sure someone will be here shortly with the details as I closed shop before the mci was introduced.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:59 AM   #6
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

They are both mci engines, but I bought it like this, I'm not sure what was used
Old 08-23-2021, 02:36 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

have someone start it in neutral and feel for exhaust flow from muffler.
Brothers cart had mud dobber nest in his and closed most of the outlet off, sucked all of the power from it until cleaned out.
Maybe pull the muffler and take it for a spin?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:30 PM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Put a volt meter on the battery to make sure its not overcharging when you rev it up.
You would be surprised how many techs miss this ..

I bought a cart last year because the person that worked on it give up and all the time a bad V/R was causing it to charge almost 18 volts and bog it down.

This cart had 175 pounds of compression, new carb and just about everything they could throw at it trying to make it run over 5 mph.

Don't take but a second to test to make sure.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 01:12 AM   #9
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by optikid View Post
They are both mci engines, but I bought it like this, I'm not sure what was used
Sorry, i missed the fact that they were both MCI engines.

Trig is here now too, so between us all we should get you sorted.
Old 08-28-2021, 11:30 AM   #10
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So it runs at 15 volts when it's reved up
I tried a different muffler and no muffler, didn't make a difference
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO