lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2021, 10:56 AM   #1
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default G29 has a grinding in rear end when pedal is pressed but no movement

G29 has a grinding in the rear end when the pedal is pressed but the cart won't move in forward or reverse. Both hubs look good so they're not stripped out. Any idea where to go to next? I've never tore into one of these rear ends but I imagine it's not an easy task. Thanks
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2021, 11:27 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 has a grinding in rear end when pedal is pressed but no movement

Your gunna want to put cart in tow, disconnect main positive, label all the motor wires and pull the motor...it sounds like maybe your motor coupler or input shaft may have stripped out. both may be worn...be careful when you take the three 10 mm bolts off that are holding the motor on because if they(splines) are indeed stripped out the motor will want to fall out as the last bolt is removed and the motor is very heavy so brace for that as well. That's where I would start...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 02:14 PM   #3
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: G29 has a grinding in rear end when pedal is pressed but no movement

10-4 thanks bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:57 AM   #4
jarrus
Not Yet Wild

I had the same issue and upon taking the motor off, the input shaft splines were fine. Took the rear end out and opened it up to find the intermediate lower gear was completely worn away! Lots of research, head-scratching and I've learned that the "white tag" Team rear ends, like mine (2007-early 2008 models) had bad gears in them. Particularly the input and intermediate gears were soft and made out of bad metal. I sourced a 2010 "yellow tag" rear end intermediate and input gear. Going to see if I can get it back up and running soon! BTW - You can't get the intermediate gears from Yamaha right now. I hope it's not the same problem you have! I'm about ready to toss the towel.
jarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha