lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
Peth0201
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Alltrax Controller - Scottyb

Hey Scottyb - just purchased a controller from you - appreciate the fast service.

I purchased a 400Amp controller for a Yamaha G29 drive. Everything on the cart is stock.

I installed it and everything working as normal. Your website states 22-23 MPH with more torque. Right now, it's going 13-14 MPG with regen on. The computer I own has security blocking the Alltrax programming.

Do you know of another way to unlock this controller?

Tried to DM you but your account is full

Thanks!
Peth0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2021, 03:53 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Alltrax Controller - Scottyb

You are going to need the Alltrax software to make adjustments to your controller. My G29 does 25 but I had to make some setting changes to get that speed out of it.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:58 PM   #3
Peth0201
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I spoke with Scotty - I also called Alltrax - they think the original "speed sensor" is checked. VA - what were the settings you looked into?
Old 09-20-2021, 04:23 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Turbo mode must be on to get anywhere close to max RPM. Max RPM needs to be over 6000. You need the correct Field Map for your motor. You are losing out on lots of good info and really one of the great features of the Alltrax if you don't have the software. You need to make a data log while driving to see what is limiting your speed. Alltrax support can't help you if you can't tell them all of the settings.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:28 PM   #5
Peth0201
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thanks sir!
Old 09-26-2021, 08:15 PM   #6
Peth0201
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Have the downloaded toolkit. Nice program! Scotty told me the controller is set for highest speed. The RPMs are just under 6,000. Does anyone know the max RPMs for a stock G29 Motor is? There are warnings not the change this setting above motor capabilities. I trust your judgement, VA, but just want confirmation so I don't blow up the motor.

Also, the "speed limit" box was checked which was hindering the top end speed.
Old 09-26-2021, 11:01 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'm not sure I would push the stock motor over 6000 RPM. With stock wheels and stock gears, that will probably get you to about 19mph - not more. Do a run with the logging program and see what RPM you are getting (and what mph that gives you) You can calculate things - stock gears are 12.5:1. Measure the tires and you can figure out what speed you can get at 6000 RPM. Did you enable Turbo mode? I went with larger wheels and gained a few mph on mine. I replaced the stock motor with a D&D motor when I put in the Alltrax and Lithium battery.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:32 AM   #8
Peth0201
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Here is where I am at. The Reverse settings and the forward settings are backwards - which means I may have cables backwards. When I select the forward gear to go slower, it's affecting reverse and vice-versa. Does this matter?

if so, Any changes you'd recommend? I have F1 to F1, F2 to F2... etc. I thought I nailed this install.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:34 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Congrats on downloading and installing the swoftware. The max rpm for this motor is 6k. However I doubt the motor can make 6000 rpms at WOT. Most stock motors can not. This number is more of a downhill runaway speed limit.
Collect and share a monitor file with me so I can see what is keeping the cart from reaching it's potential.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:44 AM   #10
Peth0201
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thanks, Scotty. It only costed me buying a new computer... haha. Needed one anyways.

It FLIES in reverse and is slower in Forward. When I change the "reverse max speed to 100" it flies going Forward. I have to had screwed up the install somewhere.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha