lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
hiluxrunner
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 ds new batteries SLOW up hills

we just bought a 2003 ds club car and does seem to have a little power boost on flat ground but any slight climb will slow down the cart and there is no added boost. The place we bought the cart from said he changed the speed said to the fastest one. Will this make the cart loose the torque going up hills?
hiluxrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 2003 ds new batteries SLOW up hills

Not real sure...I changed the regen setting on my Yamaha drive from 13 (mid regen setting) to 25 (little or no regen) and I lost a little torque on the hills but gained some top speed.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your always going to lose speed going up hills or inclines its just the nature of an electric cart..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You mention "new batteries" They will need a few cycles of charging (I think I read up to 10) before you get the full benefit from them.
Your wires Ok-heavy enough and clean?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the count, I don't want to be motofrogged!

Bawahahahahaha!!!!

that was wrong,.............................so wrong
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #5
hiluxrunner
Not Yet Wild

i was thinking of doing a wire upgrade but not real sure if it will make a difference on a stock motor and controller
hiluxrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
golfcartpro
Not Yet Wild

no it wont matter on the motor and controller, club car took all that into consideration when they built it. How slow is it going uphill? Make sure your tires are up to pressure, we get alot of complaints about that, and we see people with low tires, so we add air and 40.00 later they are saying thanks my car is faster now...
golfcartpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
ZQQH6
Not Yet Wild

I have this same prob. I had batteries go bad and bought new Trojan 875s have put on the larger wires and my cart still climbs inclines slowly. I experienced a loss of torque a while back. I put in a new charger computer in and I'm still at the same as I was but with a lot of new parts. Any ideas where my torque went?
Against other carts I would pull them from a standing start and keep that distance but now I'm same as vervryone else I want the puill back.
ZQQH6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #8
ZQQH6
Not Yet Wild

oops
ZQQH6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the Forum hiluxrunner............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #10
jeffk609
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello to all. Thought I would add my problem to the list before I start a new thread. I also, just purchased a 97 CC that had a top speed of 40 yes 40 MPH! Was wild, however I want to climb a hills as well. So my 1st purchase was a D395 ("the beast") and I still can't make it up my street (maybe 30*) without a "prayer". Anyway here's my specs

I would like to climb hills (my street is probably is 30 degrees alone. So I purchased a D395 "beast", changed ALL the cables with new marine 4 GA wire and ends, replaced the F-R switch (that I burnt out on "the maiden voyage up the hill with the speed motor) with an HD F-R switch. The controller is a Logi systems HT 03/2004-5K-0, 700A 36-48V.. The tires are 25x10-12 ITP Mud Lites. The solenoid has a resistor (for what purpose I'm not sure.

Here's the problem- the cart (with the "beast") just barely with 1 person, let alone 2 makes it up the hill
Everything I have read says the "beast" has the most torque of all and should easily make it up my street or the hill on my sloping back yard.

Am I missing something? All the batteries read above 8V when charged. I also had to replace one when I bought it with new.

I also asked the previous owner (he also built it) if he had changed the gears for speed but he said they were original

Anyway, I'm stumped and excited that I found this site! Thanks in advance.......jeff
jeffk609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car