lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
Slopony
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 CC turf 2 repeatedly breaking internal S/G wire

Ok so I have a 2007 turf 2 club car with a jakes 6" lift, electric dump bed, fully enclosed, heated cab, winch, 60" plow, dual batteries...

A little while ago my starter died. I took it to a shop, and for $100 they rebuilt it. I brought it home, and installed it, and it worked fine once. Then it was dead again.

I returned it to the rebuild shop, and they said I had twisted a stud and broken a wire off inside...(been turning wrenches for 17 years)

Took it home, put it on, worked a hand full of times, then dead.... Tool it off and back to the shop. They said I turned that stud again and broke it off. They fixed it.

Took it home, put it back on, worked once. Now it's sitting dead in the drive way. I took extra care not to twist the wire studs, and I know I didn't!!!

Any one know how to get these apart, and or have an exploded view so I can just fix the thing my self?!?
Slopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 CC turf 2 repeatedly breaking internal S/G wire

I can't help on the diagram, but the generator is pretty straightforward. I can suggest putting a reference mark on the stud so you can see if it actually is turning. I'm not insinuating in any way that you are doing it! Maybe you have a bad engine mount or something else allowing a lot of movement which is pulling on that particular cable. I'd check for that because I believe that is what is happening! Let us know what you find.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

i agree with simple man! mark it! or have them diasseble it in front of you, or mark it in fronty of them, that way if the same thing happens, and they say it turned, it looks like they phucked it up!
coveres yours and there butts too!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

Is this the grounding stud on the left side of the s/g?
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
stinger5
Gone Wild

There's an 8mm locking nut under the 8mm cable attachment nut and washer. You need to hold it in place when tightening the cable down. If you don't do this the whole assembly can rotate and cause your issue. Not much room between the nuts, I had to grind an 8mm wrench down to get it in there.
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car