lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Question on CC throttle cable adjustment

OK, I know I have seen this answered here somewhere but I can't find it. On a gas CC (2002), concerning the adjustment of the throttle cable at the black box, what does it actually do? I thought someone said that the rev limiter/govenor adjustment is where you gain your real speed, and that the cable is where you adjust you low speed level. Anyway on my lifted CC, 22" tires, and long travel, with the limiter ground wire disconnect it runs 25 mph (checked on 2 GPS') and can go about 26 and sometimes 27 mph on a long flat run (actually hit 28 mph one time). Doing the governor thing really doesn't seem to help the top end at all and my tach shows that I get about 2600 rpms max at top end. My low speed seems to be about 15 mph cruising. Doesn't seem to get below that, so my question is, if I adjust the throttle cable back out so I get lower speed at the bottom, will I loose at the top end. Also, the max rpm's seems a little low. when I take off, it can at times go up around 3,000, but as I gain speed, it drops back down to aroudn 2400-2500 or so.

Again, this cart is new to me so I'm still learning about it, it does seem to run great. Had an occasional backfire, but I think I have that respolved, Dave
dfryabq is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
stinger5
Gone Wild

Default Re: Question on CC throttle cable adjustment

I adjust that cable to bring the start micro into action at very low throttle position Dave. If it's to loose it will allow the throttle to be wider open when the the start micro and the ignition kick in and will give you either a jerky start, higher than desired low speed or possibly both. Tighten the cable and observe the micro until it just activates and then back off a little at a time until you are happy with the adjustment. A little to tight and the engine wont shut off, to loose and the above jerkiness might be an issue. I have regular size tires on my CC and with this adjustment I crawl along pretty slowly when hunting for errant golf balls in the rough or the fallen leaves. I have never measured the actual speed but it's less than walking pace for sure, maybe as little as 2mph.
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Question on CC throttle cable adjustment

I will give it a check, may be this weekend before I get a chance though, thanks, Dave
dfryabq is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car