lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2014, 11:21 PM   #1
mitchelperkins
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

Default Pargo Electric Golf Cart Transmission/differential problem

hello!

I recently got a mid 1970s Pargo golf cart in rough shape to say the least. I have spent countless hours sanding and over $50 in spray paint getting this golf cart restored and at this point I am very satisfied with how it looks. after re-installing the motor and overriding the solenoids(there is an unknown electrical problem, I am just connecting the two poles together to make the motor spin at this time) the motor runs great, the brake wheel(I believe that is what you call it) next to the motor spins fine and fully equivalent when it comes to speed, but the axles themselves just don't have the HP to them I'd expect it see. with the cart running at a full 37.7V I can stop the axles from spinning with my bare hand. Something about that seems wrong, but I'm not sure where to start. it also seems to be a little more noisy than I'd expect for an electric cart.

I also attached a picture with the model #'s for the Terrell differential.

any help would be appreciated! also any leads on the electrical problem would be extremely helpful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (215.7 KB, 0 views)
mitchelperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts