lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2014, 05:48 AM   #1
Pixelpusher
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Fouled Plugs

We had driven our cart for a while the other day and then parked it. The next day I went out to move it and it would not go! The starter was turning over but it did not have enough power to start. I finally had time yesterday to look it over and I started checking things (fire/fuel.) I determined that it was getting fuel so I moved on to the fire part. I determined I had a spark, but not at the plugs... they were fouled. Removed them and cleaned them and the cart kicked off like a mad machine!

Now I need to determine the cause of the fouling. My guess it that the fuel is too rich and need to be adjusted. Any ideas from you guys?

The cart is a 2007 and the motor says that it was made by Robin Manufacturing.

Appreciate any feedback.
Pixelpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2014, 06:10 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Fouled Plugs

Plugs may be the wrong heat range or you could have just gotten some crappy fuel. Been a lot of water issues recently. Which plugs does it have?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:31 AM   #3
Pixelpusher
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm using NGK plugs but I cannot tell you the model. I replaced them with the same that were in the cart when I bought it.

Been treating the fuel too just in case it is a water issue. I probably need to change the wires as well.
Pixelpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

change the fuel first and when you do , only put a gallon in it , they dont burn much and even treated gas will Go bad in a golf cart because of the vented tank , alot of times the fowled plugs are a result of those additives that preserve the gas starting to breakdown in the gas leaving deposits
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo gas, spark plugs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO