lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #1
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Installing GTW Mach3 rear seats.. STUPID STUPID STUPID

So I started to install the GTW Mach3 rear seats I purchased back in December.

Got the OEM plastic removed, went to install two supports called "Bagwell Brackets".

When I went to put the nuts on the bottom, this is what I ran into (See pictures).

None of the hardware provided will adequately bridge the gap between the plastic ribbing.. If I attempt to tighten down the nut and washer, it is too small to bridge the gap between the support ribbing, but just big enough that it will squish the ribs and damage them.

What the heck? What moron designed this kit?? And what do you folks do to compensate? I'm thinking I might have to cut a piece of stainless bar stock to give the nuts and washers something solid to seat onto..

This is utterly stupid.. I paid $400 for this rear seat and these are the first two fasteners I'm putting in and there's already a problem?

And those two spacers that go on top don't seem right either.. it should just be a doughnut spacer without the step.

So what have others done? I have to wonder how many folks just smashed down the plastic in the back.

On a more positive note, I had stored the cardboard shipping box with the seat (unopened) in my barn.. The mice got into the box and tore up every piece of cardboard, the plastic baggies the fasteners come in, and the Styrofoam.. what a total mess.. and by some stroke of luck, they didn't touch the seats....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GTW1.jpg (149.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg GTW2.jpg (136.2 KB, 0 views)
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car