lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
Diesel Dog
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question Headlight kit for G2

I have a old 1990 G2 with a 2 piece body, does anyone know anyone who sells a head/tail and turn signal light kit that you can cut into the 2 piece body to install the headlights?
Diesel Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2011, 03:04 AM   #2
joe_avg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Headlight kit for G2

Funny, I was browsing today for the same thing. Try this...

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-...s-g-2-g-9.html
joe_avg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
Diesel Dog
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hey- Thanks Joe, called this morning and they threw in the turn signal kit, all for around $130. Not to bad. Hope cutting the body wont be too big of a deal, the back will be no problem but the front looks a little more challenging with the way it is moulded in the back. We will see. Thanks again-Tom
Old 06-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

I don't know if anyone else has installed these kits, but the first thing I noticed was that the Bezel was kind of flimsy and I was afraid of the headlamp cracking it under vibration. I installed fender washers on both sides of the Bezel which helped stiffen the headlamp up quite a bit. The other problem I had, was the headlamp adjusting screw would loosen up after a few average bumps in the yard, and I would have to keep tightening it back up. I also noticed at night that the lights would bounce up and down all over the place because of the vibration. Long story short, I was able to remove the headlamp lens's and sink a trim screw thru the headlamp housing up into the Bezel. The down fall is that you can't adjust the headlamp, but the outcome is that the lights no long bounce around and vibrate and are rock solid now! One more thing I wanted to mention, and maybe it just has to do with my cart. But The tail lights that I got with the kit looked to be too wide, and would of fell off the radius of my body. I ended up buying a pair of round tail-lights just to be safe.

Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

That was the same thing i was worried about with the tail lights but they fit just right and looked great. I just cant bring myself to cut up the front of my Yamaha for that cheap set of lights. once I got the light kit i just couldnt see them holding up that great with all the trail riding we do. I would love to find a set of lights like The New Guy has in his G9.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC10170.JPG (54.6 KB, 8 views)
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #6
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Yeah I really like Ron's headlights as well. I still have those tail lights, Maybe I'll try installing them afterall. I'm sure they will be alot brighter then the round ones I have. Hey maybe we should have our own G9 club. I see the G8 guy's are kicking butt...lol
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlcain View Post
Yeah I really like Ron's headlights as well. I still have those tail lights, Maybe I'll try installing them afterall. I'm sure they will be alot brighter then the round ones I have. Hey maybe we should have our own G9 club. I see the G8 guy's are kicking butt...lol
G2/G9's RULE!!!

Old seats but good pic!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

yes i agree we should have a G9 club why let Mike and those guys have all the fun with their little club. Can i be member #2
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #9
Diesel Dog
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Dlcain, those are the same lights I got. I also put some reinforcement under the headlights. On the taillights I installed them lengthwise instead of sideways
Old 06-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
Diesel Dog
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

By the way Dl- where did you get the dash at?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha