lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2021, 12:09 PM   #1
mgutting
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2007 Ezgo Txt Series - Alltrax SR48500 Install

My parents gave us their 2007 Ezgo Txt series cart for their grandkids to drive around our property. We have since started to use it to tow little garden trailers to pick up sticks and such. after reading many threads on this forum, I decided to upgrade to an Alltrax SR48500 controller, HD F&R switch, a 400A solenoid and new 2ga cables all from Scotty B. I think it was pretty much stock components when I started. Here are some of my starting pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 1.jpg (144.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 2.jpg (167.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 3.jpg (222.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 8.jpg (145.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 9.jpg (120.2 KB, 0 views)
mgutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2021, 12:18 PM   #2
mgutting
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 Ezgo Txt Series - Alltrax SR48500 Install

As I started to take everything apart, I was cross refencing the wiring to an exiting wire diagram, just for knowledge. I also tagged all wires if they were not already tagged. As I removed the batteries, the battery tray was in horrible condition, but still in decent structural shape. So I decided to clean it up and remove all the rust. prime it and paint it. In addition, i decided to pull out my heat sink plate, clean it up and paint that black as I thought the blue controller would look good on that. Overall, the tray turned out alright as I didn't remove it from the cart as I didn't want to remove the body panels to access two of the mounts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 10.jpg (163.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-05-2021, 12:39 PM   #3
mgutting
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

As in some of the previous pictures, you can see the batteries look like they are in bad shape, however, I decided to test them individually while they were out and each one, although, they are old, still seem to have a little bit of life left, so I decided to keep them for now until they completely die out. So I just cleaned them up. Now it's time to start wiring, I decided to to label each end of each cable. On each end of the wire, I put both connection points as it was a double verification to make sure everything was wired correctly. ScottyB provides some good tech tips for the proper location of the F&R switch, and orientation of the diode. I would highly recommend to read and understand them. There are only two new wires I needed to make as either they didn't exist or was too short in the old setup. I needed to make new wires for Solenoid (-) to J1 black and a Solenoid (+) to J1 red, Make sure you have the correct connectors. I think I used 3/16 eyelets for the solenoid connectors and 1/4" female spade.

Overall, this was a simple process. If i didn't have to take the time to clean up my battery tray, I think I would've had this done in less than 4 hours. I think that's pretty good for a first timer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 12.jpg (134.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 14.jpg (201.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 13.jpg (231.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-05-2021, 12:48 PM   #4
mgutting
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The only area that I'm not real confident on is the location of the fuse in the charging circuit. I wasn't quite sure on whether this should be mounted before or after the main fuse that came with the Alltrax. So decided to put it before the fuse, directly connecting it to the batteries. If anyone has any feedback on this, I would love to hear it.

My next steps are when my batteries die out, I'll upgrade to 48v and will be looking to upgrade the motor.

Overall - High Five to ScottyB for providing the kit and instructions to make this a pretty simple upgrade. Now all I have to learn is to hook it up to a computer and play with the settings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 15.jpg (72.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-05-2021, 01:31 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sure looks good all cleaned up! With a series cart not much you can do with the Alltrax settings. When I did this years ago I didn't even look at the settings as the Alltrax (SPM in those days) came from cartsunlimited. Cart performance didn't change as expected. The big change was the 48v conversion. After that I looked at the Alltrax tool kit and didn't change anything either.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:43 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The 60A fuse and the 400A fuse are in different circuits and protect different things, so they both should be connected directly to the battery pack's B+ terminal. The way they are connected in the picture is correct.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax, ezgo txt, install, series
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO