lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #21
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: Programming Software Download Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpgator View Post
Sorry it posted elsewhere and I missed it, but is this compatible with Mac OS or is it only Windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's designed only for Windows. You might be able to use some emulating software to get it running on Mac, but it's pretty dicey.

Windows computers are insane cheap so you should be able to find something. If you're looking to buy a neat tinkering computer and want another project you can install Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi, and do one of these computers in a keyboard kits. Again, this is if you want another project at the same time lol:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/17377?src=raspberrypi
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2021, 07:17 PM   #22
smwolf
Not Yet Wild

Can someone please post the software download link again. I missed it previously. Thanks in advance.
smwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:41 AM   #23
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwolf View Post
Can someone please post the software download link again. I missed it previously. Thanks in advance.
http://www.filedropper.com/iconinstaller7000
thelandposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:38 PM   #24
smwolf
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I got a copy from ATrain 👍
smwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:39 PM   #25
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwolf View Post
Thanks I got a copy from ATrain 👍
Good! I noticed that the ICON portal website has removed the software.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:41 PM   #26
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandposse View Post
Good! I noticed that the ICON portal website has removed the software.
They tried lol. They removed direct access but they're still indexing. Their web dev is very amateur. /downloads/ will load and there are even a couple random files not previously listed... Nothing too useful.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:28 PM   #27
Itech
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I would like the link for the download please
Itech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:59 PM   #28
blazer61473
Not Yet Wild

Anyone found a parameter to change for torque? Slows down so much going up small hills? Also from a dead stop like to jump a curb
blazer61473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:10 AM   #29
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer61473 View Post
Anyone found a parameter to change for torque? Slows down so much going up small hills? Also from a dead stop like to jump a curb
Line 49 can adjust your torque from a dead stop. You need to LOWER this number. I suggest doing this in small increments (.5) until you find what you like. This does not help when going up hills though. There is a thread for this issue and no one has been able to figure out a solution.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:09 AM   #30
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandposse View Post
Line 49 can adjust your torque from a dead stop. You need to LOWER this number. I suggest doing this in small increments (.5) until you find what you like. This does not help when going up hills though. There is a thread for this issue and no one has been able to figure out a solution.
I'm worried it just may be the motor (4kW) limit. I've been investigating voltage sag.

So if your fully charged pack is reading 51v, and then when your cart is under load, the real time voltage drops to the 40's. I can't remember what.

Lead acid batteries have a notoriously bad voltage sag, which I believe is due to the resistance of the batteries themselves. This is why replacing the battery cables probably won't matter because the bottleneck on resistance is the batteries.

There is a line in the software that lets you lower the "floor" that the controller will attempt to pull from the batteries (I think it's set to 36v'ish). So in theory, you can say "give me more power from the batteries!" at the expense of faster wear and tear on your batteries...which makes sense. If you want to go a bit harder on your batteries to get more performance, you'll shorten their lifespan.

I've barely tested this theory. What I had planned to do was hookup a computer w/the software on monitoring mode, then drive up some hills and see the lowest voltage sag I could get and then compare that to the floor in the software. I think I did that once and it didn't yet hit the floor.

That makes me think there's some other limiting factor that I just haven't had time to figure out.

With lithium batteries, I think they might solve everything honestly.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon