lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
Huntinhauler
Not Yet Wild

Default Would this be stupid?

My goal is to put a lil extra *** behind my cart since it will be used off road and I will run into some hilly terrain. Would it be stupid to upgrade the controller and solenoid without upgrading the motor? It's a lifted series txt with large tires. Will this setup work or will it over-work the stock motor? I was thinking 500 amp controller to rally help me up the hills. Any input will help
Huntinhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #2
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Would this be stupid?

If you don't have a lot of money, a set of 4 gauge wires, heavyduty solenoid, 400 amp controller and a savings account for a 48V conversion would be a possible solution. Stock TXT's don't like hills, especially loaded with 4 people and a cooler with lift kit and 22"-23" tires. Upping the amps on a stock cart will get you a little more performance, but you'll sacrafice your total running time. I would check out the Off Road Carts section and get some ideas, then call some of the sponsors here on the site and get a price for a whole package, better to do it once the right way than to keep on trying to piece it together.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Your stock motor will not hold up forever with a 500 amp behind it especially if you are climbing hills. A set of 4 gauge wires should be on your first to do list, it is one of the best upgrades you can give your cart, IMO.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the 400 amp, 4 ga wires, heavy solenoid, and stock motor for now. Huge difference. My next upgrade will probably be a 48v conversion for more run time on the golf course. I'm going to be purchasing more batteries before too long anyway, may as well get two more when I make the dent in my wallet. No better time than that.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 400 amp and a 48v conversion is going to pull you up the hill just fine... IF you get a 36 -48v controller you can see some improvement now on 36v and more later when you jack the voltage up
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I would go 400 amp controller, 4 ga wires and than motor. Plum quick or EMP. I have done 12 EMP motors already this year and have had great results. Not one customer has complained.

you can go 48, but could get the results you are after staying 36. It just all depends on how much you wanta spend.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

sr and i have a similar set up. after 4ga.' larger controller and bigger solenoid and hd fnr it runs way much better. have all the cables and batts. to do the 48 deal. just working an energy boost. what i read the 36 motor should hold up fine. if not or when i think i need more will get motor rebuild.
make a plan and follow it. jim good luck
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
Huntinhauler
Not Yet Wild

I already have the 4ga cables and I will probably just bite the bullet and get a motor, controller, and solenoid. I am going to stick with 36v. I don't think I will ever need the extra if I upgrade everything else. My only questions are: how important is the HD fnr and what motor would everyone suggest.
Huntinhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO