lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
oldsporty1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default cart backfiring?

Well I adjusted my throttle cable and my govenor cable on my 2000, Club Car, now every so often when I am just bearly on the throttle the cart backfires. I think I adjusted the throttle alittle to far out, any ideas? Thanks in advance.
oldsporty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
Hill Country Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: cart backfiring?

First of all - I ain't a pro, but I had the same problem after trying to slow one of my carts down. I adjusted the govenor and throttle (no zip ties). Wish I hadn't touched it. I ended up with intermittent backfire.

Take the air hose off the carb. Get a mirror and look at the butterfly as you push on the gas pedal with the key off. Make sure that the butterfly closes when you let off the pedal. If not, adjust the cable until it does.

That should fix the problem.

I'd be glad to hear from others with a fix for this problem.
Hill Country Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it could also be the adjusting of the gov. thats why i won,t touch them once you do you end up wishing you never had..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

i was getting that and i ended up taking it to the shop today. they said it was the carb over the phone. well they fired it up and was messing with the carb and the butterfly rod had tons of play in it. well 150 dollars later i had a brand new carb on it, i was asking why i had to charge the battery on occasions and 34 dollars later i had a new volt regulater. get it home ran fine no backfiring. it was only going about 13 mph so i thought make it alittle faster and bam now i have the backfiring on decel.............need to get it adjusted down so it doesnt do it.
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
vzdude
Gone Wild

Read the sticky on adjusting the governor.........did mine and 3 other friends and NONE of them are backfiring........
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car