lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #11
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 13hp kawasaki top speed?

That's what I needed to know Wparks. I'll be ordering the wheels/tires and a lift kit next week.

Lawnlake I adjusted the throttle cable on mine also then just snugged the ziptie up but not tight.

Some of the threads I've seen on here say that when you do the micro-switch by pass you need to install a different clutch spring. I still don't understand all of it but the purpose is so you can set the idle speed up a bit. At low speed the starter works like a starter, when the rpm's increase it works as a generator to charge the battery. So the clutch spring lets it charge after starting without the clutch kicking in. Did you already do all this Wparks? The reason I ask is that's exactly what I need to do for the wife. If it don't work like the car she has a bad time with it.
rutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #12
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutro View Post
That's what I needed to know Wparks. I'll be ordering the wheels/tires and a lift kit next week.

Lawnlake I adjusted the throttle cable on mine also then just snugged the ziptie up but not tight.

Some of the threads I've seen on here say that when you do the micro-switch by pass you need to install a different clutch spring. I still don't understand all of it but the purpose is so you can set the idle speed up a bit. At low speed the starter works like a starter, when the rpm's increase it works as a generator to charge the battery. So the clutch spring lets it charge after starting without the clutch kicking in. Did you already do all this Wparks? The reason I ask is that's exactly what I need to do for the wife. If it don't work like the car she has a bad time with it.
Rutro, the heavier clutch spring is to keep the primary clutch open (not engaged) at a little higher rpm so you can adjust the idle up a little and it wont interfere with shifting from forward to reverse, or visa versa
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #13
wparks
Not Yet Wild

I just idled the engine down so it don't roll when I get off it
wparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Essness said:
Quote:
The heavier clutch spring is to keep the primary clutch open (not engaged) at a little higher rpm so you can adjust the idle up a little and it wont interfere with shifting from forward to reverse, or visa versa
I'm glad someone got me straight on that. After all these years I'm still dislexic.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #15
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

OK here we go, I finaly that post I was talking about, here's a link....
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...y-running.html
Old 01-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #16
SilverLTD
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

My stock 2012 Express S4 with 22" tires, ran 14mph by my gps.
I then adjusted the 'thingy cable'...same stock 22" tires. Now runs 24mph by gps.
SilverLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #17
XtremeStylin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2011 ST 2+2 with the Kawasaki 13hp, I had it going 34 mph down a hill, though the valves were floating I cranked the governor all the way up, and adjusted my throttle linkage so that when the pedal is all the way down, the linkage on my carb is all the way open.
XtremeStylin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
top speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO