lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #41
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: disconnecting backup alarm

Check out www.backuptunes.com , they will put anything you want in there.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #42
Godfather520
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
The gas pedal in your car doesnt start it, and there's a lockout on the ignition so you cant start it in gear and yet, some idiots always find a way to do it!

so, thanks for calling all of us that have had incidents with it idiots. And welcome to the forum.
Lol thank you and your welcome!

Oh yea, be careful out there it's a dangerous world!
Godfather520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #43
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Its only a dangerous world because some people have no regard for safety anymore. Everyone knows the sound that a golf cart or vehicle (if equipped) makes when it is backing up and causes them for a split second to take a look up and make sure they aren't in the path of the vehicle making the noise. Everyone can say all they want that they look behind them before backing up every time...but it is that one time you are in a hurry that you aren't going to look and that's when something bad is going to happen. Have fun paying that bill and being sued. I for one will take the 5 seconds of a beep while backing up for piece of mind that I won't hit anyone.
Like some others on here have said...muffle it with a piece of tape or a earplug stuffed in the hole, but at least have something that will remind you that you are in reverse because the one time that it happens to you and you hit someone you are going to wish like hell that you had a backup noise...
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #44
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather520 View Post
Lol thank you and your welcome!

Oh yea, be careful out there it's a dangerous world!
Only with your kind in it!
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:17 PM   #45
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
Its only a dangerous world because some people have no regard for safety anymore. Everyone knows the sound that a golf cart or vehicle (if equipped) makes when it is backing up and causes them for a split second to take a look up and make sure they aren't in the path of the vehicle making the noise. Everyone can say all they want that they look behind them before backing up every time...but it is that one time you are in a hurry that you aren't going to look and that's when something bad is going to happen. Have fun paying that bill and being sued. I for one will take the 5 seconds of a beep while backing up for piece of mind that I won't hit anyone.
Like some others on here have said...muffle it with a piece of tape or a earplug stuffed in the hole, but at least have something that will remind you that you are in reverse because the one time that it happens to you and you hit someone you are going to wish like hell that you had a backup noise...
I've always like North Dakota. I think I know why...
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:15 AM   #46
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
I disconnected my beeper and got in the habit of placing my FNR in the direction I intended to go when I hopped in. One day, I planned to go in reverse when I took off, but a buggy parked behind me. I'd been used to hopping in and punching it, which resulted in a crash. Fortunately, he was close and I hadn't upgraded from stock yet. I now have a piece of tape on it, more for me than for others.

I worked construction for 25 years, and you'd be surprised at how quickly you learn to tune out back-up beepers. I learned to look before walking, and have had to pull guys out of the way of larger equipment who's back-up beepers were beeping. In construction, back-up is only one way they can kill you. Forward is just as deadly.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #47
KingB84
Not Yet Wild

I see people asking about disconnecting the alarm. They don't need to tell you the reason, they are asking for help. If you feel the need to inform them of the dangers that's great, but answer the question. Maybe the neighborhood kids are setting it off to annoy people. People come here for help with their questions, not to be scolded for doing something questionable. Give them the technical help and remind them of the dangers.
KingB84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #48
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingB84 View Post
I see people asking about disconnecting the alarm. They don't need to tell you the reason, they are asking for help. If you feel the need to inform them of the dangers that's great, but answer the question. Maybe the neighborhood kids are setting it off to annoy people. People come here for help with their questions, not to be scolded for doing something questionable. Give them the technical help and remind them of the dangers.
OK, if you disconnect the buzzer on the rxv, it will no longer run. The controller checks for the presence of a device with the correct load of a reverse buzzer. There is your "tech help" for today....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:47 AM   #49
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
OK, if you disconnect the buzzer on the rxv, it will no longer run. The controller checks for the presence of a device with the correct load of a reverse buzzer. There is your "tech help" for today....

1) find noise
2) pull or cut wire

or, discipline neighbor kid. You choose.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:18 AM   #50
rib33024

This is why we don't just tell Members how to disconnect the reverse alarm here at a BGW it's not the right/safe way. Read this members. Be safe

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...rse-buzzer.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingB84 View Post
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO