lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
WeCampinInMI
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Battery talk

Bought new batteries for 2003 Ezgo pds. Wondering if I should put cart on charger after every small ride when we get back to the camp site? Ok to leave off charge if it's a 5 ,10 minute ride. Should batteries be allowed to get low before charging or do I not want to allow them to get that low before charging. Also is there so many charges before they reach their full potential. Im new to golf carts so thank you in advance.
WeCampinInMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2019, 02:08 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCampinInMI View Post
Bought new batteries for 2003 Ezgo pds. Wondering if I should put cart on charger after every small ride when we get back to the camp site? Ok to leave off charge if it's a 5 ,10 minute ride. Should batteries be allowed to get low before charging or do I not want to allow them to get that low before charging. Also is there so many charges before they reach their full potential. Im new to golf carts so thank you in advance.
Charge after every ride, or at least at the end of the day. Opportunity charges are great, if you're riding all day off and on, but happen to be stopped near a charger. Yes, new batteries need several dozen cycles before obtaining their full potential.

https://www.google.com/search?client...ttery+break+in
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:33 PM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery talk

Going thru the new battery break in process now at campsite. 6 ,8 volt US batteries

Volt meter helps reading voltage after use and before charge.compare voltage based on charts posted here. Volt reading after use helps determine battery % used

With a full charge rode mine for several hours on and off. Batteries were down 90% so I charged them end of day. Next day rode cart enough to drain down to 87% then charged.

If I used cart for a 20 minute run in morning but knew it would be used later did’t charge. ( trying to drain low enough to put good charge in them)At end of day let it charge over night. Batteries never got down to 80% charge which was amazing to me after running around stop and go all day. Run time and power definetlly increased after each charge. More so going up hills, power increase was noticeable over old batteriesafter each days charge.

Check water levels, although mine have not used much water and follow Scottie’s batteries break in procedures on his web site.

What you don’t want to do is discharge batteries after a 15/ 30 minute ride and let it sit unused for days. In that case charge after use.
Mine only gets used maybe 10 weekends a year but gets charged every 2 weeks to maintain batteries.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO