lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #11
mtpolarbear
Polar Bear wild to you...

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Limited slip differential build up diagram?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
I contacted ezgo and asked for an exploded view diagram of part number 614756 (limited slip differential kit) and they replied quickly stating they provide that item assembled, nothing like the picture of the item I received. Based on that they couldn't give me a parts breakdown of the item.

In all fairness I did not buy direct from ezgo, I bought from the lowest price reseller I could find on the internet. Ezgo suggested I contact the seller and ask for documentation. I have done that and am awaiting reply, which I doubt I'll get.

Am I upset, yes some. Am I MAD, no not at all. I did get the LSD I wanted, I just need to "rebuild" it and install it. I have a fairly good idea how it's supposed to go together anyhow, it's just frustrating that I have one more step to do.

For fun here are the pictures of the box exactly how it arrived. I opened it and took a picture without disturbing the contents in the least.
I would send it back and buy one from EZGO and be done with it. At least you'll have peace of mind knowing if it comes apart or doesn't fit right it would be EZGO's fault. Just my $.02
mtpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #12
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would tend to agree. I spent a lot of time last night searching for an exploded view of the diff both on here and the web and came up empty.

Are all the parts there? Do you know the torque specs? Are there any markings on it that reads E-Z-GO? If not is it a knock off and what is the quality?

I would be scared to put it together myself.
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #13
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A couple of thoughts:

The ezgo price is 50% more.

Ezgo doesn't support rebuild of this item, otherwise they would have a parts diagram for it.

Sending it back just to buy the same item assembled for 50% more cost is sort of silly.

Assembling it isn't any different then rebuilding any LSD. I just never have rebuild one but I do know the concept.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #14
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
A couple of thoughts:

The ezgo price is 50% more.

Ezgo doesn't support rebuild of this item, otherwise they would have a parts diagram for it.

Sending it back just to buy the same item assembled for 50% more cost is sort of silly.

Assembling it isn't any different then rebuilding any LSD. I just never have rebuild one but I do know the concept.
LSD and Limited Slip Differential are two completely different things
Even I could do LSD
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #15
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

your diagram is right, the wave plate goes against the gear then its steel, fiber,steel, fiber....if by chance you got the order wrong you can always redo it.
Don't be to worried, its a golf cart, There are no crush collars and backlash or gear mesh to set like an automotive unit. The design is good, the wave will allow slight slip on turns but otherwise the plates will have pressure and stay locked.
just clean the steel plates with brake cleaner or solvent, if they have any coating to prevent rust during shipping it will cause slipping in the mesh.

your gonna love it, i do, at 48v im pulling both front tires up, and the posi is great in the woods
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #16
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

all the lockers ive seen for ezgo is all below 300 bucks and seems to be the norm.worth 30 more bucks assembled to me
and mt polar,they only make them for either98 or 99 and up rear ends iirc.i searched this for a while trying to find one for a 94 axle myself
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

My cart came with the EZ-GO limited slip. But...somewhere in my vast grey matter...someone out there sells a limited slip that will work in both forward and reverse. (My LS will work only in FWD)

If I had to replace mine, I would opt for the one that works in both FWD and REV.

Just a thought.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

wish they had one for my for/rev rear end
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #19
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycat View Post
all the lockers ive seen for ezgo is all below 300 bucks and seems to be the norm.worth 30 more bucks assembled to me
and mt polar,they only make them for either98 or 99 and up rear ends iirc.i searched this for a while trying to find one for a 94 axle myself

A locker is not a limited slip. I never seen a locker for a ezgo txt.

I agree you may be able to find a LSD for ezgo txt under $300 but I found mine for only $244 with shipping. That's cheap as direct from ezgo is $361 shipped for the same thing.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #20
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
My cart came with the EZ-GO limited slip. But...somewhere in my vast grey matter...someone out there sells a limited slip that will work in both forward and reverse. (My LS will work only in FWD)

If I had to replace mine, I would opt for the one that works in both FWD and REV.

Just a thought.

Dave
You're referring to the Plowmans Posi. It works in fwd and rev but requires a newer carrier for installation.

http://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts.c...1331320162&v=2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO