lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2016, 07:10 PM   #1
ewingwr
Not Yet Wild

Default YDRE, again

You might remember, I had bought a used controller from someone on here nice enough to hook me up. That solved my problem for about a week. I was driving the cart, it died. Long story short, the second controller is now fried. I've tried tracing wires to see if something is shorting out, but I havent been able to find anything obvious. All of my sensors check out, batteries are fully charged and have been tested. I'm back at the point where I have no solenoid click, (had an extra solenoid, swapped it out, still nothing) and I have no beep when switching to reverse. The fuse is good as well. I'm pretty sure the controller is fried again, should I just bite the bullet and buy a new wiring harness before upgrading controllers? Or does anyone have an idea what might be causing this? Its the 2011 YDRE, and while I'm still in it right in terms of money, this thing has been a pain in the *** since day 1. Thanks in advance
ewingwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: YDRE, again

Might check the "black wire" at the speed sensor. Did you take the motor apart and inspect/ check it? Do you have a local dealer that can read the controller for "fault codes" at a resonable charge?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:52 PM   #3
ewingwr
Not Yet Wild

Speed sensor, on the accelerator pedal?

Closest dealer to me is 70 miles, so not really cost or time effective.

I have not done anything with the motor. What should I be checking/inspecting?
Old 08-23-2016, 09:37 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

You should have checked the motor for a short or an issue. If its the original motor, Hatachi, then you need to look at it close.
Simplest check is just to see if the motor is shorted to the case.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:57 PM   #5
ewingwr
Not Yet Wild

It's dark now and work is looming, so I'll check tomorrow in the light. The motor is stock. Was there some sort of problems with the stock hitachis?
Old 08-23-2016, 10:29 PM   #6
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewingwr View Post
It's dark now and work is looming, so I'll check tomorrow in the light. The motor is stock. Was there some sort of problems with the stock hitachis?
not that i know of, not many G29's that come in where I work are ever motor issues

steve
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:35 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If the motor is bad, it can easily kill the controller. I would disassemble the motor and check the brushes and commutator for wear or damage. The Hitachi motor is pretty under designed IMO. I also would go with an aftermarket controller rather than another used stock one. I went with Alltrax and it is an excellent drop in controller.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha