lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2017, 06:01 PM   #1
GMAK
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ GO Powerwise Charger Issue - Yamaha G2E

Well, first post, hope you can help me out. And please, if there is a better spot to post this, please let me know.

I recently purchased a 1985 Yamaha G2E. It came with a Powerwise EZ-GO charger that needed a little work. I did all the tests I could find concerning continuity, fuses, diodes etc. I ended up replacing the diodes and fuse. Upon replacement of that, the charger still didn't work, so I bypassed the board and it worked. I assumed a bad board, (I could bypass the board and the charger would turn on, and charge).

I ordered a new board, my dilemma is that after replacing the board, the charger still does not come on when plugged in. The cart has what I believe is the original 2 prong charge plug and cord, there is no ground to hook up to the small black plug off the new board, is this an issue? it wasn't plugged in on the original board either.

I have brand new batteries in the cart, current DC voltage at the plug is 36.99v.

Is that voltage to low to kick it on? Did I have the misfortune of getting another bad board?

I'm struggling on this, I just want the thing to charge automatically! Please ask any questions or throw out any ideas you can.

Thank you.
GMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2017, 06:42 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZ GO Powerwise Charger Issue - Yamaha G2E

I suggest searching the site (search button at top right of screen) for your model of PW charger. You will find a diagram in one of the threads.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:20 PM   #3
GMAK
Not Yet Wild

My model is 28115g04. I've looked at a few schematics, and it seems like I have everything hooked up correctly. Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:26 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

"red wire problem"? Does your charger DC cable have 3 wires coming out inside the charger? If so, check for power on the red small wire when plugged in.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:03 PM   #5
GMAK
Not Yet Wild

That is one of my concerns... my DC plug only has 2 wires, (I assume I'm missing what would be a ground wire) no other wire. I thought maybe I should make a jumper, plug it into the wire from the board that goes to the the DC ground on most chargers, and see if that gets it to kick on.

Sorry for the delay in response, put a full day in today and couldn't get to the computer.

I'll try to upload pictures on Monday when I can get to my charger again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha