lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart not doing anything

At first look I'm not finding it on my 2013, Is this all year YDRE models?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #22
JakeJones8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Mine is on the vertical frame support right behind the batteries under the drivers seat. The wire is zip tied to the column and there is a little black rubber square sticking off it (maybe 1”x1”) and when you pop off the top, it exposes the fuse (which takes a good tug to get out). The box is probably 4” or so south of the r/t switch
JakeJones8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:50 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks. I'll look harder
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:54 PM   #24
JakeJones8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Post #12 is a picture of mine blowing if you want a picture of my long *** description haha. Chances are yours will be different though because of the 6x8 tray so I’ll just keep quiet
Old 05-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #25
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yep, forgot the location has changed, like in 2013 or something.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:25 PM   #26
JakeJones8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Just threw in a 10a 32vdc and it turned right on! CGTECH FTW and shame on Alltrax for not mentioning this and including a fuse... week of wasted riding ;)

I am going to leave in in the "Run" position for the next few hours and monitor for fire but I think we are good to go. Thanks Scotty for your help as well
Old 05-12-2018, 07:57 PM   #27
JakeJones8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

So... shame on me. When I installed the upgraded fuse I turned the key, saw the voltage meter turn on, and heard the fan of the alltrax come on so I "thought" all was fixed . Tonight I actully tried to drive it... got nothing...

Turned the cart off and on a few more times and realized the solenoid still isn't clicking. Across small poles I had 0v so I tried testing individually. voltmeter positive on small left pole and voltmeter negative on battery pack got me full pack voltage. Voltmeter negative on small right pole and voltmeter positive on battery pack got me 8.4v. This seems to be a big problem, shouldn's I have 50.8v there as well. Ofcourse this black negative wire is wrapped in all sorts of plastic tubing so it is going to take me a while to cut it all apart to figure out where the negative is going bad but was curious if anyone had any idea where to start looking for the end of the negative?

Also, the Alltrax is showing 1 green 6 red.. "precharge failure". I have an xct500 which doesn't use the precharge piece... I am assuming this is due to the bad negative?

HELPPPPP
Old 05-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #28
JakeJones8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Found the attached picture... looks like I need to test pin 3 to see if the internal negative in the controller is broke. Any tips how to do that? plugged or unplugged?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT YDRE diagram.JPG (271.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-13-2018, 01:35 PM   #29
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I believe it to be a straight shot from controller pin 3 to solenoid B-. I would remove the diode too, for now.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #30
JakeJones8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

CGTECH, how do I test if there is a disconnect inside controller? Can I disconnect 26pin and turn on cart? Or will that hurt something? There has to be a reason my negative is only showing 8v
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha