lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #11
rib33024

Default Re: Help Please - G19 Still Slow up Hills, New Batteries, Alltrax 400 Amp, 4 Gauge Ca

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/intro...ead-first.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2018, 03:06 PM   #12
vartz04
Getting Wild

Default Re: Help Please - G19 Still Slow up Hills, New Batteries, Alltrax 400 Amp, 4 Gauge Ca

I’ll edit out the help part. I am assuming that’s why you posted that link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vartz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:13 PM   #13
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

What you need to do now is complete your upgrades by replacing your motor with a higher HP motor. The largest you can get probably 6-12hp.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:02 PM   #14
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartz04 View Post
I’ll edit out the help part. I am assuming that’s why you posted that link?

I'll edit it . Just wanted to let you know and others . It's happening a lot lately. Thank you
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:13 AM   #15
vartz04
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
What you need to do now is complete your upgrades by replacing your motor with a higher HP motor. The largest you can get probably 6-12hp.

That likely won’t happen. Might do a plum quick this winter. I got 10mph up the hill yesterday so maybe the batteries are breaking in.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:54 PM   #16
vartz04
Getting Wild

Default Re: G19 Still Slow up Hills, New Batteries, Alltrax 400 Amp, 4 Gauge Cables

Any other ideas? Am I wrong in thinking that it should hit close to 350 amps out of the controller before it starts slowing down? I’d just prefer it don’t go below 15 on pretty much any hill. I don’t want the cart to go faster than 20 ever and I’ve got that dialed in it just seems I am missing some torque. I do want to go to 20” tires next year as well.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:37 PM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G19 Still Slow up Hills, New Batteries, Alltrax 400 Amp, 4 Gauge Cables

Motor amp draw is a function of motor rpm. And the motor can only utilize the max amps of the controller (or max the motor can consume) at rpms near zero. As motor rpms increase, the amps drawn very quickly start to drop off. So it will never draw 350-400a going up a hill at 10 mph. But 15 amp draw at 10 mph up a hill does sound incredibly low, I would expect something around 130 amp load cruising up a hill, and something around 75a at full speed on flat ground. I suspect some problem in amp delivery (like weak solenoid, or bad cable), or possibly a unhealthy motor.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #18
vartz04
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Motor amp draw is a function of motor rpm. And the motor can only utilize the max amps of the controller (or max the motor can consume) at rpms near zero. As motor rpms increase, the amps drawn very quickly start to drop off. So it will never draw 350-400a going up a hill at 10 mph. But 15 amp draw at 10 mph up a hill does sound incredibly low, I would expect something around 130 amp load cruising up a hill, and something around 75a at full speed on flat ground. I suspect some problem in amp delivery (like weak solenoid, or bad cable), or possibly a unhealthy motor.

It’s pulling 120 or so up a hill at 10mph. So then it’s doing all it can with the motor I have. Looks like the only way to make it any better is a shipment to/from plum quick.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha