lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2018, 01:12 PM   #11
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Camber out of adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
mherbert, what do they look like after you back up? do they straighten up? the reason I ask is you have way to much toe out which causes the tires to try to drive away from each other when going forward which in turn compresses the suspension and leans them out. backing up makes the tires roll toward the centerline which unloads the springs and straightens the tires. any closer pics of the shock mounting?
I will take a few more this afternoon and update the post. You are correct with pulling away from each other. Both tires are wore down quite a bit. I rotated with the rear tires last weekend but the alignment is still horrible.
mhebert4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

fix the alignment and see what happens, you didn't mention what happens when you back up?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:47 PM   #13
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Post some pics of the top shock mounts if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kerusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:31 AM   #14
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

A few pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart 1.jpg (23.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart 2.jpg (19.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart 3.jpg (20.1 KB, 0 views)
mhebert4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:53 PM   #15
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

I had a RHOX 6” lift on my g29 I sold earlier this year. Hated it from day one. No matter what I did i couldn’t get it set up right. The rhox upper shock towers should have 3 holes to
Adjust camber. On mine none of them worked right so I drilled new holes above the middle and outer holes. Seemed to get it pretty close. Even with the Jakes heavy duty rear springs it was so unstable and not fun to drive.

Edit
I see yours is a spindle lift. The lift I had was a full a arm lift kit
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #16
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan33Klein View Post
I had a RHOX 6” lift on my g29 I sold earlier this year. Hated it from day one. No matter what I did i couldn’t get it set up right. The rhox upper shock towers should have 3 holes to
Adjust camber. On mine none of them worked right so I drilled new holes above the middle and outer holes. Seemed to get it pretty close. Even with the Jakes heavy duty rear springs it was so unstable and not fun to drive.

Edit
I see yours is a spindle lift. The lift I had was a full a arm lift kit

I had the same problem as well. My first cart, a Yamaha Drive and of course I wanted to lift it, big wheels, rear seat, etc. I installed a 6” A arm lift, 23” tires and rear seat. When passengers were on the back it was really unstable. Drives are known to have a light front end without the additions. I love the cart and the way it looks but hated that it was so unstable. Didn’t want to give up so I added 1/2” spacers to rear springs, 2” spacers on each wheel and added weight to the front end. It’s a totally different cart now. I even installed a Riot Kit and love it.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #17
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Default Camber out of adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhebert4224 View Post
A few pics

Your shocks are bent or they look bent in the pics. I would jack it up and remove shocks and inspect. Supposedly your lift has different upper mounting holes to help adjust also.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha