lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #11
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: No idol 81 G1

Thanks for the pic's Calvin. That is amazing you were able to do that to that carb. I'm very impressed!!

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #12
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Spriddle I used to port and polish heads (just my own) years ago on a couple old hot rods I used to have and what a difference. So I thought about trying it on the carb. I am sure it will use more gas but the extra power is worth it.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #13
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I know what your talking about with porting and polishing. You get the more power modifying heads than anything on the old engines. Little oversize cam helps too. The more fuel and air you can pump through the intake and exhaust ports the more power you can get.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #14
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

From your profile pic Spriddle sure makes me wish I hadn't sold my pull along mower. I have a almost new John Deere GT235 but with my legs they way they are sure would of been nice to keep the trailing mower and pulled it behind my golf cart. I got it from Tractor Supply a few years ago and just sold it last summer. I offset it and with it mowing and the Deere I was cutting a nice 9foot or more swath.
Calvin
Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #15
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I've definitely gotten my money out of that thing. It is a bush hog style and not a finishing mower type. A few years back I almost turned over my tractor trying to get into dangerous hilly places. I parked it and said NO WAY!! I'm not taking any more chances. Went to TSC and ordered the Swisher bush hog mower. I've pulled that thing a million miles since then. It actually made bush hogging the fields fun. I can hardly wait sometimes to get done with the main part of the fields so I can jump on the cart and cut a trail. Sometimes I just take the extra time and cut all the field with it. Nothing like riding around on the cart, cutting brush, sipping on some mountain dew and enjoying the outside. Best piece of equipement I've ever bought other than my G9. I also have an old JD 430 mower.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #16
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
I've definitely gotten my money out of that thing. It is a bush hog style and not a finishing mower type. A few years back I almost turned over my tractor trying to get into dangerous hilly places. I parked it and said NO WAY!! I'm not taking any more chances. Went to TSC and ordered the Swisher bush hog mower. I've pulled that thing a million miles since then. It actually made bush hogging the fields fun. I can hardly wait sometimes to get done with the main part of the fields so I can jump on the cart and cut a trail. Sometimes I just take the extra time and cut all the field with it. Nothing like riding around on the cart, cutting brush, sipping on some mountain dew and enjoying the outside. Best piece of equipement I've ever bought other than my G9. I also have an old JD 430 mower.
i turned an old sc case over backwards about ten yrs ago, that i'l learn ya quick.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #17
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

sorry 746
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #18
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Both my tractors have the roll bar and I hope I never turn one over. I've come close several times. If it wasn't for the front end loader on my MF, I wouldn't turned it over by now. That thing has saved me a couple of times by slamming it to the ground.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #19
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Only one I ever over turned was when I was 15 years old playing on a riding mower thinking I was a big shot pulling wheelies. Dont it a lot until I pulled it a little too far one day and my Dad had to run me to the hospital with a broken shoulder. No more wheelies for me. Here is a old 1948 Farmal Cub I completely restored in 2000, we owned this old cub for over 25 years then my legs went south and I couldn't climb up on it and sold it in 2003.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fin8.jpg (21.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg fin7.jpg (17.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #20
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

You posted that once before Calvin. That is a nice tractor. Tractors are very dangerous.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha