lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
dunerat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default top end keeps going out

hello guys & gals I hope someone can help me I keep buying new piston & cylinder kits for my G-1 this is getting old I tried several diferent air cleaners but every 2 or 3 months im replacing the top end thanks for any help Bill
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: top end keeps going out

Welcome to BGW!

If you are not sucking any dirt, I would look at the crank and connecting rod bearings. Is the cylinder size within tolerance?

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
cart de golf
Gone Wild

if you are still using the original oil injection I would buypass it & start mixing oil in gas it is probably running to lean
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi Bill, Welcome to BGW!
I think we need more info on this...
First...What is wrong with the piston and cylinder? Are you melting the sides of the pistons to the cylinder? Burning holes in the top of the piston? Knocking off the piston skirts? Breaking rings/scoring cylinders?
Second...When it's apart, is there an oily film or is it dry? Do you premix? If not, how often do you need to fill the oil injector? Is it run for long distances at a time, or stop and go?
Sounds like a form at the doctors office, don't it??This will help us figure out cause of your top end failures. Any answers or other info would be very helpful
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
dunerat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hello this is bill all the top ends were new checked clearance on all and were fine . when i first bought cart the guy had a 40 mm kiehin carb on it i thought it washed down the cylinder wall but i premix 40 to 1 yamalube and reg gas but i put a 24 mikuni and re jetted for sea level the problem seem to be rings wearing out to early and breaking the ring land on the piston does anyone know what engine is semi bolt in for my g1 thanks for all your help need all the help i can get thanks Bill
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha