lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
tennessee cart
Not Yet Wild

Default new muffler

Hello all,
I am looking at buying a new muffler for my G2. Wondering what the thoughts were on the Plowman and the CPP muffler? I live in a neighborhood so I don't want it loud, I also have the internal rev limiter so I think I have some limitations on the top speed. I already have the K&N filter with a larger jetted carb so I want mate it up with them.

Thanks in advance
tennessee cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2009, 06:00 AM   #2
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new muffler

It'll be hard to find an aftermarket that is quiet. Some people said the zemco is not "that loud". But that's a relative term, compared to what??....I built a custom header and am going to try a car thrush muffler. Room will be the question on that. My workhorse has more room than a regular cart though.
If you find a quiet one let us know!!
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
Travis91
Gone Wild

plowmans says theres isnt any louder than stock. only one decibel if measured and it has a ping sound
Travis91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
tennessee cart
Not Yet Wild

Do you or anyone else have experience with the Plowman? I don't need it to be whisper quiet but I really don't want it to sound like a Harley.
The Plowman looks like the easiest to install just wondering what others think of their muffler or other products in general.
Thanks
tennessee cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
OregonMike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Location: Anywhere Near Roseburg, Oregon, where I can find some twisties!

Tenn... How did the K&N and jet work for you... I have a G8 with a stock motor... was thinking about getting the filter and jet.... Is your K7N a pod type filter?

Thanks for the info!

Mike
OregonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha