lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #21
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Work Done For Now

I think I am done working on the cart for now. Wanted to post some photos but can't seem to get it to work. If anyone out there wants to take some time to give me a lesson I would appreciate it. I have my photos on Adobe and when I try to drag them into the message block it just opens another google page instead of inserting them in the thread. Ive used email in the past to send photos from Adobe and it worked. Help
Bob
Crazy Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2009, 01:37 AM   #22
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Crankcase Pulley

Hi there Bob when you post pictures click on the below Go Advanced, then click on manage attachments then go to where ever on your hard drive your pictures are and click upload.
Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6022.JPG (63.5 KB, 2 views)
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #23
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well if this works there should be some photos of my cart. With some help of another member I think I have transferred some pics. This was my rebuild during the summer. Next set will show completed work. Last winter I done the body and seats. This summer the engine calfed so had to repair it. Started with new fuel pump and some new gas lines. Still no success. Next was to take on the bearings and seals. Broke the primary sheave getting it off. Getting parts here is hard. Got some from Winnepeg, seals. Then had some shipped from Alabama, clutch with new primary sheave. Bearings and "O" ring for oil pump came from another. Then the engine shop that I had change the bearings broke one of the rings. They wouldn't come good for it so had to find another dealer to send the rings and "O" ring. Anyway, after about 300.00 in parts and another 200 in labour it's back together. Will attach pictures of finished project
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0005.jpg (63.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0006.jpg (70.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0008.jpg (95.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0009.jpg (86.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0010.jpg (66.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #24
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Here we go. If the photos work this is the finished project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0011.jpg (91.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0012.jpg (92.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0015.jpg (69.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0016.jpg (76.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #25
Trackside
Not Yet Wild

Good to see it back together. Looks nice. How is the power now?
Trackside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #26
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I'm not really sure. I had it up and down the street a couple of times and appears OK. Has more zip than it had before. Seems a bit noisier to me. Also a bit more smoke than before. I've tried to adjust the oil at both the oil pump and the carb but I think it needs a good run first. Will spend more time on it this weekend. Thanks for the note, I was wondering if anyone noticed. Thanks to all forum members who helped me with answers to my questions. Bob
Old 09-24-2009, 10:23 PM   #27
kymike
Gone Wild

i have a g1 can any post a pic of the butter fly that you guys talk about on the exhaust thanks mike
kymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #28
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Looks great!! Nice job

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:03 AM   #29
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks,
I think the season is just about over here so I'll be storing it in the garage soon. This winters project is going to be installing a radio and some speakers on the front cover. What do you guys think about taking that hard rubber strip off located by the cup holders. May need to make some more room, inch or so for the speakers. More later, Bob
Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #30
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, now I'm back to frustrated. Running the pits. I think it may be the timeing. Any easy way to confirm this? I wasn't there when it was put back together so not sure if magneto was lined up properly for timing. After running it up and down the street a few times pulled the plug and it was dirty and oily. Seems not to be firing properly or iol mix is not right. Can anyone advise how far out the oil adjusting screw should be. I tightened it then just turned it back a single turn . there is some blue smoke so appears to be enough oil in the mix. Where can I go from here? Hope someone out there has had the same problem after changing bearings, seals, rings and oil pump seal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha