lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
tyotrain
Not Yet Wild

Default squeaky belt

First i would like to say i have learned more on here in 2 weeks than i did in my high school shop class...my ? it was cold out today and raining i got on my cart and it sounded like my belt was squeaking is this normal was not real loud by i could hear it... Is it time for new belt? or would the wet cold weather do this?
tyotrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: squeaky belt

Which belt? starter or drive? How old is the squeaky belt? might be time for a new one if it rather old, might have a glaze on the friction surface of it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What belt ? The generator belt is the most likely culprit and can easily be adjusted. The damp will cause it to skid on the pulleys and make just the noise you describe. Any signs of wear and you should replace it before it lets go and strands you in the middle of no-where.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
tyotrain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
What belt ? The generator belt is the most likely culprit and can easily be adjusted. The damp will cause it to skid on the pulleys and make just the noise you describe. Any signs of wear and you should replace it before it lets go and strands you in the middle of no-where.

Chris.
yes its the generator belt it will do this if its cold or damp out... is it hard to change the belt could u give me a run down of it so i have some idea and how tight it should be. Thank you for your time
tyotrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Take a look at it, jack the back up and run it holding
a wire brush on the sides to clean it it may be just glazed.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyotrain View Post
yes its the generator belt it will do this if its cold or damp out... is it hard to change the belt could u give me a run down of it so i have some idea and how tight it should be. Thank you for your time
Easiest way to replace it is with the rear cover removed but you can get at it ( a bit more fiddly ) through the rear engine access cover. With the cover off you will see that the generator pivots on two bolts on the lower end and a third clamping bolt higher up on the right. Loosen these and the generator will pivot down and release the belt. Slip your new belt around the pulleys and pull back firmly on the generator. Hold in this position and tighten first the top bolt to hold it in place and then the lower two pivot bolts. The correct tension is when the belt can just be twisted 90 degrees by hand at the longest part of its run.
Hope that helps,

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car