lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default taking the plastics off?? rear

alright installed trailer hitch today hooked on the jet ski and instantly knew something was up. the hitch wouldnt stay where it should. it was hanging down when i put the jet ski on it. the rear bumper even came out at me. well the clubber pulled it with ease but the apparent frame damage was a concern. i took the rear light out one side and noticed the frame is broken. i looked at the other side and found that side broken also. this cart use to be used at a grain elevator. so i am sure there have been heavy loads put on it etc. well to repai it how hard is it to get the rear plastics off? how many bolts and what all has to come off. any help would be great....... i knew this thing was too good of a deal without having to mess with it. this has to be fixed before a rear seat or anykind of weight in the rear......
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2010, 04:34 AM   #2
stu07hd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: taking the plastics off?? rear

It is not that big of a task at all. Nothing to be afraid of. This is from memory so don't hold me to it, but here it goes.

-Un hinge seat to remove the seat bottom

-Take 4 large screws with nut on bottom that hold on rear bumper

-Remove bumper

-remove eight bolts that hold on the rear section of the frame for the roof (you probably should just take the canopy totally off)

-pull off inspection cover (plastic cover just under the basket/seat back area)

-remove plastic insert that is in the golf bag holder area (I think there is a screw or two under it)

-pop choke air hose loose from air box (you should not have to unscrew anything, I just un-hooked the rubber strap that holds the air box in place and was able to manuver it out of the way enough to get it free)

-remove three screws that hold the F-N-R lever.

-remove screw that holds lever on (it should slide off once screw is off)

-after all that is done you should be able to just lift the body off

It comes off amazingly easy. I bet you will be suprised. Good luck on the repairs.
stu07hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu07hd View Post
It is not that big of a task at all. Nothing to be afraid of. This is from memory so don't hold me to it, but here it goes.

-Un hinge seat to remove the seat bottom

-Take 4 large screws with nut on bottom that hold on rear bumper

-Remove bumper

-remove eight bolts that hold on the rear section of the frame for the roof (you probably should just take the canopy totally off)

-pull off inspection cover (plastic cover just under the basket/seat back area)

-remove plastic insert that is in the golf bag holder area (I think there is a screw or two under it)

-pop choke air hose loose from air box (you should not have to unscrew anything, I just un-hooked the rubber strap that holds the air box in place and was able to manuver it out of the way enough to get it free)

-remove three screws that hold the F-N-R lever.

-remove screw that holds lever on (it should slide off once screw is off)

-after all that is done you should be able to just lift the body off

It comes off amazingly easy. I bet you will be suprised. Good luck on the repairs.
Nicely written up but here is a snag I hit upon, the damned FNR lever was jammed solid on my last project and no amount of persuasion was shifting it shy of cutting it off. I unplugged the micro switches, un-clipped the shift cable then removed the cable from it's anchor point. Imho it was easier than removing the switch assy.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

***.... got any pics of that damage and what hitch did you use or buy?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

If this cart has a controller make sure you remove it before doing any welding on the cart.If you dont and when you strike that arc it will fry the controller.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

where would the controller be??? do i need to take this all the way to the frame to get fixed? is it worth it or should i send it packing and find another?? i can get some pics of the damage. but when you step on the hitch the whole back bumper will come out and the hitch will angle down quite a bit to the ground. i will try to get some pics but i dont know when i will be back at the inlaws to get them....
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car