lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
thetucks
Gone Wild

Default Lucas in my 01 club car??

I was wondering if it is ok to use lucas oil treatment in my 2001 clubcar? I am getting ready to change the oil and thought about putting some in. Also which oil should I use? the manual says 30wt. But I didnt know if I should use like 5w30 synthetic and use the lucas also. The lucas is really thick. So would that even it back out? any thoughts? I am going to change the oil tomorrow.
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Lucas in my 01 club car??

Follow the manuals recomendations and save your money.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #3
thetucks
Gone Wild

so you dont think that adding an oil addative will help an engine?? My motor runs a bit noisy. I was hoping to quiet it down a bit.
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Really depends on where the noise is coming from, could be you need to adjust the valves, noisy crank gears, clutch noise?
I personally don't like additives in the cart engines but for the price of finding the noise you could try the syn and see what happens.
Might do the trick.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

screw the lucas! run 10w30. and if you want to add a additive to your oil, get a bottle of motorkote. good stuff! i know truck fleets that run it and it works! it coats the engine not treats the oil. all lucas does is thickens the oil, and it will thin out once it gets hot. i have seen a lot of semis with the lucas in it. and its a sticky mess. as far as the motor ote, i have seen no issues, seen a turbo get wiped out, and the truck run on very low oil pressure, and the rods and mains are scratch free, scar free.

thats my thought!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
bydaocean
Not Yet Wild

If that cart uses a splash oil system do not use any oil additives on it. It will make the oil too thick and not be able to reach the top of the engine. I am not sure about your specific engine but if it doesn't have an oil pump on it, I wouldn't do it.
bydaocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

simple idea, if it has a oil filter it has a oil pump. if it has no filter it has a splash system or a flipper foot on the crank to splash the oil. motorkote claims it doesnt mater what type of system it uses. it can be used on 2 or 4 cycle, guns, as a penertrating oil blah blah blah. i have seen a cummins n14 and a cummins isx 475hp engine blown by lucas, pop the cover and its a mess under the covers like a box of aunt jammima was dumped in it. and i have also seen a million mile cat with it in it with oil changes done oonce a week cause it drives from columbus to l.a. to floida and back to columbus. with no issues with the lucas. motor kote i have heard and seen the storys about it and i have a friend with a fleet of 6 7.3 powerstrokes and the rods and mains are clean and clear at 200k. and he is a cheap a**! he only like to change oil at 2 time a year if hes lucky. the 7.3 is a oil driven engine. while most other engines are a camshaft driven engine, meaning the camshaft operstes teh injs, not the oil presure from a pump like the powerstroke does.
buggies gone wild does not endorse this product or any product like lucas stp or any additive. please consult with you owners manaul for any guidness you may need on proper lube or lube specs!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

ZMAX!!!! ZMAX!!!! ZMAX!!!! Run a good Synthetic!!! and use the ZMAX!!! I would stay away from the lucas..my opinion of course! I run 5w 30 in mine because its a lilttle thinner and it flows a little better! Had over 2000 hard hours on my last engine with no problems!
Lightninlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car