lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Governor spring zip tie pics

When I bought my cart from a golf course, it cruised at what I considered the high-side of a factory-governed cart of this vintage: 12.5

I didn't realize how worn the clutch was, so I was really disappointed when I disabled the governor and only achieved 13.5 before hitting the limiter and/or 4100 RPM.

I wish I had installed the tach before messing with anything, but basing it soley on the numbers, I'm assuming that the poor litte 290 was really spinning to even achieve 12.5 mph.

After having the drive clutch rebuilt, she hits 20 mph while still keeping the revs in the high 3000's. Top speed (downhill) is 25 mph.

This winter I plan to instal new wheels/tires and restore or repace the driven clutch. If I can manage it, I'd like to re-govern it at whatever speed keeps the RPM's a few hundred shy of 4000.
PIB-My-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
needed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car