lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
piehammer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default solenoid screwed?

my club car wont start, the battery is good but when i press the gas pedal it clicks but won't fire up......i tried tapping the solenoid and putting a screwdriver across the posts on top of the solenoid but it wont fire up....it was working fine untill halfway up hole 17 when i got back in after playing a shot and then nothing.....any ideas?
i noticed that the top micro switch in the black box next to the solenoid only has 1 wire going to the connections....is this normal or should there be 2(i didn't notice a spare wire in the box)?
piehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: solenoid screwed?

lets start off by you telling us what cart you are talking about-
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A micro-switch is a simple on/off type switch which needs 2 wires in order to have an in and out (or out and in whatever the case).

And what RIB said ~ Not all golf carts are the same
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

RIB33024 is right.

You may also want to see GENERATOR 101 in the threads below. It sounds JUST LIKE your problem.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
piehammer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks guys.....sorry...it's a 99 clubcar DS
Old 08-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
piehammer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

update.........i tried booster cables from the battery to the solenoid.....nothing....after reading the generator 101 thread i turned the starter by hand and when i pressed the pedal the starter turned about half a turn then stopped.....it did this a couple of times with the same results........i noticed smoke appearing from the starter so i haven't tried it since.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
rib33024

check your ground cable to your motor and the frame make sure it's good and tight
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like you are in need (at least) of some brushes, which is sort of a misnomer as they are carbon "rods" that transmit electrical current between the armature and the generated electrical field.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #9
piehammer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
Sounds like you are in need (at least) of some brushes, which is sort of a misnomer as they are carbon "rods" that transmit electrical current between the armature and the generated electrical field.
my dad(who is an electrician) checked those last month when he had the starter in pieces.....he said they looked good.....maybe my armature is gone like the guy in the generator 101 thread?
Old 08-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #10
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you had previous issues with this starter? Just wondering since you said it was apart last month. Sounds like brushes or armature. Sparks & smoke on the inside of a electrical motor are not good. Going to have to pull it apart for sure, or at least far enough to get to the brushes.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car