lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Fuel Pump Not Pumping

the fuel pump on my cart wasnt pumping i cleaned it out real good still couldnt seem to get it working. in hunts for rebuild kit i found a brand new un used one on ebay for 30 bucks ordered that one its arrived and still i am getting nothing out of the new pump. i have new fuel lines, new fileters i have blown air thew the pickup tube to make sure its clear... im not sure whats going on here besides the fact that it is 100% a fuel delivery problem. if i hook a siphon xfer hose with primer bulb from the tank to the fuel line on the carb i can pump fuel into the carb/bowl and it runs for about 5 minutes then dies when i runs threw the gas i can re prime the bulb and it will run for said short time again aswell. how much pressure/vaccum should be on the line to run the pump? maybe i have it hooked up wrong? i attached pictures and labeled how i currently have it hooked up. 91 club car ds with kf82 motor. thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (95.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (101.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg c.jpg (109.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg d.jpg (91.7 KB, 29 views)
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Fuel Pump Not Pumping

It appears the lines are hooked up correct. I can't see the line between the pump and the crankcase, that is the pulse line. It should be going uphill to the pump, no pee traps where oil can collect.

Jimmie
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
It appears the lines are hooked up correct. I can't see the line between the pump and the crankcase, that is the pulse line. It should be going uphill to the pump, no pee traps where oil can collect.

Jimmie
i will bolt the new pump in its proper location tommorow and check for that! that is a good thought. i was thinking some oil maybe getting in there but it doest appear to be blowing oil out the barb on the crankcase when i have the hose removed. i do have the crankcase somewhat overfilled as i was having difficulty locating a splasher arm so, i filled it enough that the lobes/weights on the crankshaft would sling oil up to the top end.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

i had a droop in the pump line, seems like maybe some oil gathered in the low spot and stopped the pumping. cut the line shorter so it has upward run from the crankcase to the pump and seems to be working fine! thanks a bunch man never thought of it and it was driving me insane. wish i would of tried it before i bought the pump but thankfully it was inexpensive enough and a reliable fuel pump is pretty good piece of mind!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the feedback.

Jimmie
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
lancechapin
Not Yet Wild

Hello. I am having the same problem. I too have a 91 Clubcar carryall with the KF82 engine. I replaced the engine with a rebuilt one. I cleaned the carburator when reassembling. I was able to start it and run it for 5 minutes or so. I then rebuilt the carburator and it ran for 5 minutes again. This time I replaced the fuel pump. Again it would run for about 5 minutes the die. Today I put a new fuel filter and blew the line that goes from the tank to the filter. I can tell that it is not pumping new fuel because the filter is clear. Please help. Thank you in advance. Lance
lancechapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car