lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #11
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: pit crew cart

I doubt it would be much of a balance issue, being close to the center of the clutch it would not have as much effect unless it was spinning very very fast. When the bolt and nut were in place, it would not be spinning very fast anyway (slow spinning would be no balance issue), and, when you took them out, it would only be light by the amount of metal removed with the drill. I guess you could always figure out how much weight was removed and JB weld an appropriate amount of weight near the hole. I was more concerned with the stress near the hole when the belt is trying to pull down in and open the pulley. It might need some larger washers to spread the stress a little bit. Personally, I would like to see you to try this. It's something that I bet a bunch of guys would use if it worked. I know I have had many times I wished I had a 2 speed rear end. So, if you give it a shot, please keep us posted on how it works long term too.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #12
frankr2994
Not Yet Wild

thats not a bad idea. when i get some time i'll will play with it. the body is going to be coming off very soon we are painting it yellow to match on of our race cars. and we kinda have a fab shop here too so i got lots of race hardware laying around to build just about anything. thanks for the info.
frankr2994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #13
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

With out going to far out what you want to do is a multi angle
helix in the secondary. Hold back the shift with a low angle ramp
and then switch to a high angle.
Sled racers are using multi angle ramps "" helixes"" to minimize spin
and then loading in a ton of shift. The trick is to keep the engine at
its optimom rpm.

Carting is on the edge and we will see some amazing changes in
""clutching"" in the coming years.
I wish I had some junk clutches to play with.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #14
frankr2994
Not Yet Wild

ya but we are not extreme with this. we basically just want it to look cool at the race track with the rest of our cars. if i can get away with putting a tow mode in it without a ton of fab work i'll do it. if not we will be satisfied with what we got.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:27 AM   #15
frankr2994
Not Yet Wild

well i take some stuff back. my boss just placed an order for 480 dollars in accessories for it. so i guess its going to be a little bit more done up than expected. i did take a good look at the rear pulley. it doesn't look like it will be to hard to create a spacer to keep the pulley from opening up. i think i can make something to fit right into the pocket where the spring sits with a lock ring that i can slide over it. i'll update it as i go the body should be getting pulled off very soon for paint so i will have full access to everything a little easier.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #16
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Please get some pictures posted after the fabrication. I would like to see what you come up with.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #17
frankr2994
Not Yet Wild

ya sure. i can try to get one uploaded here soon. just took a pic of it stripped down to nothing. got the body off of it this morning. my boss is currently in the room beside me sewing the new fabric up for the seats. does anyone know where we can get the standard fender flares for it. its a 1992 ds. and all i've really been able to find is the rear wide offroad flares.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #18
frankr2994
Not Yet Wild

has anyone removed the steering wheels on these stupid things. i popped all the clips loose in the back and it was a no go. i had to punch holes through the little sticker plate on the front of it to get the actually screws out that hold it in place. took me a while to figure out there were screws holding the **** thing on. we are changing the splines on the end of it to a hex end to put one of our removable racing wheels on it. that way we can theft proof it by takeing the steering wheel with us.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #19
Eric_H_E
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

to ballance the cluth, drill 2 holes or 4, 2 front and 2 back, oppisite each other, then no Jb needed to ballance when not in low.
Eric_H_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #20
frankr2994
Not Yet Wild

well i might not go about using the bolt. i may create a spacer that can fit down into the spring area and put some kind of latch around it to hold it in place. i'm not to wild about having to lay down with a couple of wrenches to put a bolt it and out. if i could slide a little lock and pull a piece out i think it would be great. we have a new belt coming so i should have it apart here in the next couple days.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car